Media Gus vs bones 1. Am i missing something?

2nd time watching this fight. This time on mute without rogan in my ear.

Yes one of Jon Jones hardest fight. But still clear that he won it.

Nothing really happens before midway into round 4. Jon Jones find his timing on his elbows. And gets gus in some real trouble..

Round 5 was again close. But again Jon Jones finding a home for his elbows. He could also keep spamming his left head kick at gus. Who had no answer for it. Other then just eating it with a lazy block.

At the end of the last round jon jones lands a nice flying knee.

Gus also gassed midway into the last round..

So Yeah. Close fight. But clear victory to Jones.

And i am a Scandinavian .

The first line was ok. Then in your fourth sentence you said "But still clear that he won it". After that knew there wasn't any point reading further. And you are a pro-fighter...
giphy.gif

Yeah I scored it for Jones. Close, but clear as TS said.

What I don't understand is how I seem to be the only one who scored the DC fight for Gus.

The first line was ok. Then in your fourth sentence you said "But still clear that he won it". After that knew there wasn't any point reading further. And you are a pro-fighter...
giphy.gif

This dude reckons he's a pro-fighter?

Someone who reckons "nothing" happened for the first 3 rounds of this fight?

<31>
<{cruzshake}>

"Gustafsson didn't win by enough to take the championship" – No such thing exists. From the age of ten I heard the adage that you have to convincingly beat the champion to take his title, or that there is a champion's edge in a close fight. Undeniably, stars have the benefit, as do hometown favorites, because of crowd reaction since judges aren't in a soundproof booth. But they shouldn't. And by rules and regulations, they don't.

Once the fight starts, there is no champion. There are two people fighting for the championship. There is no such thing in MMA or boxing scoring where the tie goes to the runner. If two of the three judges on Saturday gave Gustafsson rounds two and three, and conceivably that could have happened, he'd be the champion, whether you thought he did enough to convincingly unseat Jones or not.

The only margin in winning is taking three rounds in a fight where there are no 10-8 scores. A judge can't redo his card. If two judges had scored Gustafsson winning three rounds, but both felt Jones' two rounds that he won were far stronger, and each felt Jones overall won the fight, Gustafsson would be champion. There should be no consideration as to who the champion is when scoring any individual rounds.

-Dave Meltzer

https://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/22/4759124/fortunes-changed-for-five-at-ufc-165
Huh????
What in the ?????
I said Jones won 4th and 5th. I Did not say he lost the first 3 ...
Lol.
What in the holy fuck?

My best argument for this thread.

I have a relative who is Scandinavian.

So how strong is my argument from 1 - 10?

Dont really care about scorecard since 10 point system in MMA is bullshit. Jones might have won on the scorecard but Gus won that fight by any real fight standard just like Shogun won the first Machida fight and Yoel won the second Whittaker fight.

First and third were Gus. Fourth and fifth were clearly Jones. All comes down to how you scored round two which was close but IMO belonged to Jones.
Agree with the 1-3 Gus and 4+5 Jones. I scored the 2 round a 10-10, it was such a hard round to score.

Agree.

You would have to be pretty dumb to bet against Jones for #2.
jones arguably lost the 1st one while in his prime(and while on that special diet) now for the 2nd one he went thru a lot and he's looking old, wouldn't be shocking if he gets finished tbh

Scandinavians are the worst white guilt, left-wing SJW nuts on the planet. If a Scandinavian even dreamed of saying Gus won, they’d wake up and apologize.

So if I'm Scandinavian and actually believe Jones won (even though it was superclose) I will affirm your idea that we are the worst white guilt, left wing etc nuts on the planet?

I watched it drunk last night and had Jones winning all five rounds, enabled by a move jacked from Piper:

21c1fee6063f876f5721ced650a051a844278961_hq.gif

I really dislike Jones and wanted him to lose that fight but I really don't get where people are coming from when they say that Gus won. It was not a blow out but it really was a clear victory for Jones

Going into the rematch this was Gus' first time past round 3 and he was winning round 4. Gassed hard in the 5th. Had he won the 4th Jones would've needed a 10-8 or a finish, but the spinning back elbow saved him. It's fair to assume Gus will still be the better boxer of the 2 and his TDD will also still be great. Which leaves the spinning back elbow to turn the tide, if he hasn't closed those gaps. Low percentage move.

Jones won. The fight was close when people didn't expect it to be, so they overreacted.

Same thing with GSP vs Hendricks

I had it:
1) Gus
2) Gus
3) Gus
4) Gus
5) Jones

Yes I am a Scandinavian

Back