Gus is great but....

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Can he beat Cormier? Let's say Gus beats Jones and takes the belt. Doesn't Cormier just come in and take it right after? Or if they have a contender ship fight before either fights Jones, I just don't see how Gus beats Cormier.

It breaks my heart because I find DC's fights boring (for whatever reason, it's just my opinion) and he is probably going to ruin my chances at seeing Bones/Gus 2 and or will just steal Gus's thunder one way or another. If he wins then rightfully so, just in my selfish world I want Gus/Bones 2 and DC to stay in the heavyweight division.

If he's able to beat the best fighter of my era, I don't see why I'd automatically count him out vs DC, ya know.

Of course he wouldn't beat Cormier.

Cormier would beat Gus worse than Phil Davis did.

Unimpressed about Cormier... on all levels. Safe fighter..

Gus has the footwork, range, and boxing to give Cormier problems. Not sure who the fastest guy Cormier has faced, but Gus is on a different level.

If he's able to beat the best fighter of my era, I don't see why I'd automatically count him out vs DC, ya know.

This, plus Jones's wrestling is nothing to scoff at, sure it's not DC caliber but it's pretty damn good and he couldn't buy a take down against Gus so I wouldn't count him out against DC neither.

Whatever training Gus has been doing to counter take downs it's pretty damn good so far, if it keeps improving that's going to be scary.

I'd see Cormier taking it off Gus. Then Jones taking it back off Cormier straight away.

This, plus Jones's wrestling is nothing to scoff at, sure it's not DC caliber but it's pretty damn good and he couldn't buy a take down against Gus so I wouldn't count him out against DC neither.

Whatever training Gus has been doing to counter take downs it's pretty damn good so far, if it keeps improving that's going to be scary.

Could not buy a take down after he (Jones) hurt his foot in the first round. That fight would have probably been like a normal Jones fight. But could not chase Gus down and expose his ground game.

Cormier will take Gus down at will and hit him harder than a Volvo wagon. That's not to say that Gus has no chance, however he will probably get pretty busted up on the ground. I wonder who has a weaker ground game than Gus at lhw?

Could not buy a take down after he (Jones) hurt his foot in the first round. That fight would have probably been like a normal Jones fight. But could not chase Gus down and expose his ground game.

Cormier will take Gus down at will and hit him harder than a Volvo wagon. That's not to say that Gus has no chance, however he will probably get pretty busted up on the ground. I wonder who has a weaker ground game than Gus at lhw?

Oh here come the apologists!

lulz

Can he beat Cormier? Let's say Gus beats Jones and takes the belt. Doesn't Cormier just come in and take it right after? Or if they have a contender ship fight before either fights Jones, I just don't see how Gus beats Cormier.

It breaks my heart because I find DC's fights boring (for whatever reason, it's just my opinion) and he is probably going to ruin my chances at seeing Bones/Gus 2 and or will just steal Gus's thunder one way or another. If he wins then rightfully so, just in my selfish world I want Gus/Bones 2 and DC to stay in the heavyweight division.

You are a man of reason who doesn't let his heart cloud his judgement. A perfectly rational conclusion. I too believe DC's wrestling will allow him to beat whoever is holding the belt after Jones/Gus 2. It takes a very special fighter to throw around HWs like Barnett/Soa/Big Foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back