Gus is great but....

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Snolla, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Snolla

Snolla Amateur Fighter

Dancing with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight
    Can he beat Cormier? Let's say Gus beats Jones and takes the belt. Doesn't Cormier just come in and take it right after? Or if they have a contender ship fight before either fights Jones, I just don't see how Gus beats Cormier.

It breaks my heart because I find DC's fights boring (for whatever reason, it's just my opinion) and he is probably going to ruin my chances at seeing Bones/Gus 2 and or will just steal Gus's thunder one way or another. If he wins then rightfully so, just in my selfish world I want Gus/Bones 2 and DC to stay in the heavyweight division.

2. BionicCommando

BionicCommando Silver Belt

If he's able to beat the best fighter of my era, I don't see why I'd automatically count him out vs DC, ya know.

3. Snolla

Snolla Amateur Fighter

Dancing with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight
    Just that wrestling, dear god it's lethal.

4. Space

Space WR GOAT Banned

Of course he wouldn't beat Cormier.

Cormier would beat Gus worse than Phil Davis did.

5. Silent311

Silent311 Yellow Belt

Unimpressed about Cormier... on all levels. Safe fighter..

6. biscuitsbrah

biscuitsbrah Red Belt

Gus has the footwork, range, and boxing to give Cormier problems. Not sure who the fastest guy Cormier has faced, but Gus is on a different level.

7. Crylo

Crylo Green Belt

This, plus Jones's wrestling is nothing to scoff at, sure it's not DC caliber but it's pretty damn good and he couldn't buy a take down against Gus so I wouldn't count him out against DC neither.

Whatever training Gus has been doing to counter take downs it's pretty damn good so far, if it keeps improving that's going to be scary.

8. Gorkle

Gorkle Purple Belt

I'd see Cormier taking it off Gus. Then Jones taking it back off Cormier straight away.

9. RB777

RB777 Blue Belt

Could not buy a take down after he (Jones) hurt his foot in the first round. That fight would have probably been like a normal Jones fight. But could not chase Gus down and expose his ground game.

Cormier will take Gus down at will and hit him harder than a Volvo wagon. That's not to say that Gus has no chance, however he will probably get pretty busted up on the ground. I wonder who has a weaker ground game than Gus at lhw?

10. Crylo

Crylo Green Belt

Oh here come the apologists!

lulz

11. Takamine86

Takamine86 Black Belt

You are a man of reason who doesn't let his heart cloud his judgement. A perfectly rational conclusion. I too believe DC's wrestling will allow him to beat whoever is holding the belt after Jones/Gus 2. It takes a very special fighter to throw around HWs like Barnett/Soa/Big Foot.