Gus deserves a title shot if he wins his next fight

Stillmyboy1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think that Gus is really the number 2 guy behind Jones in the lhw division. Gus would most likely beat DC or Rumble in a rematch 9/10 times. I actually feel bad for Gus because all of his last losses were so unlucky, he is far superior to DC or Rumble. If you don't believe me watch the Jones fight.

If he wins the belt he should just wait until Jones suspension is up and not have to defend the belt until Bones comes back. No one else in the division is really that worthy of a shot until Gus/ Jones 2. That will be the biggest fight in LHW history IMO.

Thoughts?

gtfo-gif-33.gif

My thoughts? On your suggestion that Gus hold out with the belt for 2 years if he wins it?

I disagree.

He deserves a title shot even if he loses IMO

How about let him climb back up the ladder if he signed to fight a polish guy no one ever heard of.

He deserves a title shot even if he loses IMO
Yeah I agree man. He never got his rematch against Jones. He kind of got screwed out of it and lost because of a headbutt against Rumble. He then beat DC and got robbed again lol. How many times can they screw this guy over?

Last edited:
I think that Gus is really the number 2 guy behind Jones in the lhw division. Gus would most likely beat DC or Rumble in a rematch 9/10 times. I actually feel bad for Gus because all of his last losses were so unlucky, he is far superior to DC or Rumble. If you don't believe me watch the Jones fight.

If he wins the belt he should just wait until Jones suspension is up and not have to defend the belt until Bones comes back. No one else in the division is really that worthy of a shot until Gus/ Jones 2. That will be the biggest fight in LHW history IMO.

Thoughts?
No, just No.

as impressive as he was vs dc and jon jone he is still 1-3 in his last 4 fights and rumble ko'ed him in the first so no
gus has all the potential but right now he is still missing a signature win, his best wins are manuwa, thiago silva and a way past his prime shogun...
he should face a guy like bader or st preux next and after that if he wins (i would be surprised if he dont) a title eliminator vs glover would be great

It's sad, I want to like the guy but the stupidity emitted from his fans makes me glad he keeps losing.

Gus is the greatest gatekeeper of all time, GGOAT.
It's funny because he could probably go up to heavyweight and become champion if he really wanted to. But he still wants to stay at 205 and avenge his fight against Jon Jones. A fight which he won.

Why would you even mention Jones. Denial issues ?

I'm not even getting into the rest of your post.

It's funny because he could probably go up to heavyweight and become champion if he really wanted to. But he still wants to stay at 205 and avenge his fight against Jon Jones. A fight which he won.
Well, he'll have plenty of time to prepare.

One win in three years and he's had two title shots in that span and lost both.

Jones, DC, Rumble, Glover, Davis, Bader, and OSP are all more worthy of fighting for a title and should be ranked above him.

Back