Gunnar Nelson vs Ryan Laflare

Catsmasher 5000

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Didn't realize this was scheduled til just now. Laflare is tough and could play spoiler but I see Nelson taking this one rather easily this kid's just a beast. What's everyone's thoughts here is anyone picking Laflare?

Gunnar takes this for sure! RNC 1st rnd!

Stupid stupid fight. Perfect record is a rarity in MMA I don't know why they are giving one of their prospects a loss. There isn't enough undefeated fighters in MMA

Gunnar should take it. LaFlare really hasn't shown any killer instinct in his UFC fights.

Can already tell people are going to be sleeping on LaFlare

I really like LaFlares wrestling. Not only does he do a great job of getting into clinch range and hitting a throw or drag TD, but he almost always either ends up in side control or quickly transitions to it or someother dominant position. Nelson's skillset is also pretty great too though. And hes pretty close to 3 dimensional. Im pretty sure Gunnar beat a pretty goood version of Jeff Monson in grappling a few years back which is not easy to do. This fight is a toss up for me.

Laflare always gasses. Gunny will submit him late on!

Gunnar will win this, he has proven to be a legit force in the 155 division. In my mind the only reason he's not dominating the 145 division is because of his traingingparter McGregor thinks he's getting the belt there. Gunnar should get more experienced competition to build up his name amongst the avarage fans.

Gunnar will win this, he has proven to be a legit force in the 155 division. In my mind the only reason he's not dominating the 145 division is because of his traingingparter McGregor thinks he's getting the belt there. Gunnar should get more experienced competition to build up his name amongst the avarage fans.

Gunnar fights at 170.

Not to be a dick but that entire paragraph you wrote was straight talking out of your ass.. lol. You sounded pretty confident and all that but gunner is a WW.

Anyways back to the topic, I think gunner wins the scrambles against a very game laflare.

Stupid stupid fight. Perfect record is a rarity in MMA I don't know why they are giving one of their prospects a loss. There isn't enough undefeated fighters in MMA
Yes, because the sport would be so much better if the best fighters fought cans to stay undefeated forever.

Doesn't matter whether they do the fight now or later, virtually no one retires undefeated. Barao, Aldo, Silva, GSP, Fedor all dominated their competition but none went out/remained undefeated. You could argue Jones is still unbeaten but I believe he won't retire that way, someone always has your number.

Back