Crime Gunman in racist mass shooting in Buffalo to face death penalty

I think life in prison would be worse.

Life in prison isn’t that hard. It might be hard at the start but eventually you will get used to it. Everything becomes average eventually. This phenomena is observed everywhere. It’s the same reason lottery winners only experience the joy of money for a few months to a year at most until it reverts back the median.

I don't think y'all realize how easy life is on death row compared to gen pop.

Lot to unpack there.. so I guess I'll just start and finish with the cat. Where/why did he get a cat on death row? Why didn't they ask the warden guy with the God complex about the cat?

I'm generally against the death penalty. Not in this case. They should let the victims' families choose the monster's fate though. Let them vote.
Spot on. Some of the families have stated they'd rather see him rot in prison until he dies of natural causes and that would be my preference. I think an early death is what these cowards want but they can't do it themselves. Fuck'em; make them live with the minimum necessities and only themselves for company.

Tell me that when you're facing the needle. For most, the ultimate punishment is pretty severe and terrifying. That's why most of them fight as hard as they can to get LWOP, once they get condemned with all of their deeds potentially waiting to be judged. Even if you're not religious, those thoughts start racing. Nobody knows what awaits them in the abyss. As far as I'm concerned, the unknown is a lot more scary than the known. All you do in prison is fight the reaper off anyways. On "Death Row", the reaper comes down the aisle like a prime Mike Tyson in a main event ready to fustagate you. Ain't no talking or fighting your way out of it. It's time. I wouldn't want that, over a daily routine of some kind. Oblivion is some scary shit.
Most of them? Most mass murderers who streamed their deeds on social media? May I see a source for that claim?

What specifically are you inquiring about?
"That's why most of them fight as hard as they can to get LWOP, once they get condemned with all of their deeds potentially waiting to be judged."

Most of them? Most mass murderers who streamed their deeds on social media? May I see a source for that claim?

Lot to unpack there.. so I guess I'll just start and finish with the cat. Where/why did he get a cat on death row? Why didn't they ask the warden guy with the God complex about the cat?
I don't think y'all realize how easy life is on death row compared to gen pop.

Why the fuck does that POS have pictures? How does he have any access to the outside world whatsoever? If you're gonna kill him what's he need that shit for? There's apparently a big separation between my views on the death penalty and what people should experience when they go to prison compared to what they actually experience.

I can't believe the way the official being interviewed dances around, "We all die eventually." It's good to be impartial about the people in your charge but it's a fucking prison, not a campground.

"That's why most of them fight as hard as they can to get LWOP, once they get condemned with all of their deeds potentially waiting to be judged."
I'm still not sure exactly what you're taking issue with. The mass shooters that do that, still fight to be sentenced to LWOP over the DP, and exhaust all of their appeals to get a DP overturned if they happen to be condemned. It's very rare that the convicted and condemned of any heinous DP worthy crime, run towards the needle because they don't give a shit about living.

I'm still not sure exactly what you're taking issue with. The mass shooters that do that, still fight to be sentenced to LWOP over the DP, and exhaust all of their appeals to get a DP overturned if they happen to be condemned. It's very rare that the convicted and condemned of any heinous DP worthy crime, run towards the needle because they don't give a shit about living.
Do you have a source for your claim (specific to these circumstances) or not?

Do you have a source for your claim (specific to these circumstances) or not?
A source saying that most if not all condemned death row inmates fight tooth and nail to get off death row? Really? Why do you think it takes so long to execute somebody in the US? It's because they exhaust every single appeal they have to get off of Death Row. That's why it takes so long.

I don't know what kind of "source" you're looking for here. It's common knowledge that most who get condemned to death aren't suicidal, and aren't indifferent to getting snuffed out. They exhaust every single avenue that's available to them to get their sentence deferred to LWOP. That alone should tell you how most react to the reality of having their death set to a date.

A source saying that most if not all condemned death row inmates fight tooth and nail to get off death row? Really? Why do you think it takes so long to execute somebody in the US? It's because they exhaust every single appeal they have to get off of Death Row. That's why it takes so long.

I don't know what kind of "source" you're looking for here. It's common knowledge that most who get condemned to death aren't suicidal, and aren't indifferent to getting snuffed out. They exhaust every single avenue that's available to them to get their sentence deferred to LWOP. That alone should tell you how most react to the reality of having their death set to a date.
No, not all death row inmates, those who livestream their actions so as to ensure everyone knows what they did--those shitbags. How many of them are fighting tooth and nail to avoid execution and why not leave that hanging over their heads as a sword of Damocles and leave them with no appointed date or time? They are the worst of the worst and you can't suffer if you're dead.

I'm generally against the death penalty. Not in this case. They should let the victims' families choose the monster's fate though. Let them vote.

I get where you're coming from but I'm against the death penalty, pointe finale. The state shouldn't be killing people.

No, not all death row inmates, those who livestream their actions so as to ensure everyone knows what they did--those shitbags. How many of them are fighting tooth and nail to avoid execution and why not leave that hanging over their heads as a sword of Damocles and leave them with no appointed date or time?
If they survived their rampage, and ended up with a death sentence, I would imagine most if not all of them are exhausting their appeals in hopes to get a life sentence. Dylan Roof for instance, is not dead yet, and had an appeal turned down by the Supreme Court two years ago, trying to get conviction thrown out.

Give them all a rope and give them a choice. I guarantee you few would end their lives, in favor of staying in this world.

If they survived their rampage, and ended up with a death sentence, I would imagine most if not all of them are exhausting their appeals in hopes to get a life sentence. Dylan Roof for instance, is not dead yet, and had an appeal turned down by the Supreme Court two years ago, trying to get conviction thrown out.

Give them all a rope and give them a choice. I guarantee you few would end their lives, in favor of staying in this world.
You can imagine all you want but it doesn't lend any factual support to your initial claim. Just to be clear. It's not an important point because ultimately I agree with @koquerelle that with so many families affected, it might be best to let them decide, not you or I or a judge. But I thought perhaps you might admit to an error for a change.

You can imagine all you want but it doesn't lend any factual support to your initial claim. Just to be clear. It's not an important point because ultimately I agree with @koquerelle that with so many families affected, it might be best to let them decide, not you or I or a judge. But I thought perhaps you might admit to an error for a change.
Speaking of admitting to errors, are you still 100% rooting for Hamas?

I agree with the family bit. They should be the jury in such cases, as some of them may hold views that could have them believing that they have blood on their hands. Although, in some cases, it might not be fair to the accused to have a bunch emotional family members of the victims to judge one's fate. Still though, it seems appropriate.

I don't agree that death is a lesser punishment than life. It's the ultimate punishment. Nobody knows what the fuck happens when the lights truly go out. Our own existence being snuffed out, is the ultimate fear of humanity. It's some heavy shit for everyone to contemplate, let alone be told when it happens.

The death penalty is weird.

When a criminal is apprehended, their freedom is forfeit out of an abundance of safety. But to decide to kill someone is a criminal acr.

It's a bit of an otherworldly response to kill. It's what this guy shouldn't have done in the first place because you just can't condemn someone like that. It's never the right way.

Yet, USA still does it.

It's bizarre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back