Guillotine

ArmyBJJ

MMA Training
Reaction score
As I was rolling with my instructor we were starting from our knees and I tried to get him in a guillotine. As I pulled his body towards mine and began to apply the move he lifted his head up quickly and you can imagine what happened next. My chin hit square into the back of his head and it was a bloody mess. Suprisingly enough I was not bleeding and he was the one with a big gash on his head. Just a warning to you (I know you might know this) make sure your head is to the side of the individual when applying the guillotine and wair a mouthpeice, even if in practice.

I always wear a mouthpiece since accidental headbutts do occur rather frequently.

Yeah, funny thing is he thought he broke my jaw on how hard we hit and asked me if I was ok. I said yeah but your head isn't. It's the first time that my instructor has evern been cut and has been in several NHB matches.

real men don't wear mouthguards

you're instructor is a pussy

i always wear a mouthguard whenever i spar, be it grappling or striking. because that little $7 investment from big 5 can save you hundreds in dental bills later.

i don't wear cup or mouth piece, i have both but never use them not even in matches, i jst feel more relaxed like that, plus the cup really hurts when i wear it, but i guess it's something u get used to

mmahamzah said:
real men don't wear mouthguards

you're instructor is a pussy
you are an idiot ... wait until you get your teeth knocked out and see what a pain in the ass it is to get them fixed all the time then come back and post

Haha, he probley has never been in training or a fighting in his life. Probley one of those forum nerds that feel special talking about fighting and bad mouthing instructors and fighters.

I never get hit in the nuts while wearing my cup, but whenever I'm not wearing it (gi nights), I'm garunteed at least one shot during a guard pass attempts or sweep attempt.

I heard something like that in a movie once, where the guy says "It's just like any other kind of insurance... If you get it, you'll never need it, and it'll seem worthless to ya... Then, once you need it, and you don't have it, everything will go to shit."

I wear my mouthpiece for striking and stuff, because I've already had expensive dental work. I talk too much when I roll, though, so I'd wind up choking on it.

ArmyBJJ said:
Haha, he probley has never been in training or a fighting in his life. Probley one of those forum nerds that feel special talking about fighting and bad mouthing instructors and fighters.

yes ou described me perfectly btw

i can understand you wearing a mouthguard in stand up but not grappling everytime i go bjj no1 wears a mouthpiece but i might buy 1 now

ArmyBJJ said:

yes u described me perfectly btw

i can understand you wearing a mouthguard in stand up but not grappling everytime i go bjj no1 wears a mouthpiece but i might buy 1 now

Back