Guatemala

Cool Hand Luke

Shit-Coin Master
Pink
Reaction score
How's the camping here?

But seriously, do we have any Sherdoggers from Guatemala or anyone who has visited?

Going in July.

The guy who installed my flooring was from Guatemala or Honduras or one of those places. Great guy.

I'd go to Nicaragua if possible... super friendly almost no crime didnt even lock my rental car full of
shopping...guatamala too gangster for me

I went to all central america looking at retirement spots chose FL ultimatly but would chose Nicaragua second

I'd go to Nicaragua if possible... super friendly almost no crime didnt even lock my rental car full of

I went to all central america looking at retirement spots chose FL ultimatly but would chose Nicaragua second

Nice. I plan on being in there for a 10 days or so, want to check out Antigua, the massive lake etc.

I believe his secretary is from there
maxresdefault.jpg

Can't be that great as there are 15,000 migrants crashing the border from Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Venezuela. They know they have relatives here that are poor and just get landscaping or day laborer jobs and yet they are still coming.

Can't be that great as there are 15,000 migrants crashing the border from Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Venezuela. They know they have relatives here that are poor and just get landscaping or day laborer jobs and yet they are still coming.

7-2-okay-face-meme-png.png

I once read that Central/South America has more naturally producing psychedelic plants/substances than anywhere else in the world. I don't know if thats true but it sounded good to me so I didn't see any reason to verify.

Anyway, the people there are colorful and bright and the flowers bloom at night.

I once read that Central/South America has more naturally producing psychedelic plants/substances than anywhere else in the world. I don't know if thats true but it sounded good to me so I didn't see any reason to verify.

Anyway, the people there are colorful and bright and the flowers bloom at night.

Guatemala has a huge Mushroom export business. All I can tell you is that I may or may not have put it on pizza and in tea. I may or may not have had the most incredible experience involving camping under the stars and painting with a group of artists. I might have recalled deciding I wanted to be an artist as the colors were so profound.....only to realize the next day I have very little artistic ability.

Antigua is pretty cool. They have local hot chocolate. I took a hiking tour up a volcano and the guide lit his cigarette off the lava. Expect high humidity and heat.

Seems to be better than two years ago when I would not have recommended to travel there. My problem is that there is a general low treshold for extreme violence so even if its not that common anymore you definitely can be victim
to very brutal and violent gangsters. More than in most countries in South America. A fellow countryman f.e. lived in Guatemala for decades and then got very violently killed last year for a simple break in. Violence can be excessive.

When i was close by years ago it wasnt recommended at all as gang violence was very high but nowadays its definitely better compared to that. Still I would choose a lot of other countries before visiting Nicaragua.

Seems to be better than two years ago when I would not have recommended to travel there. My problem is that there is a general low treshold for extreme violence so even if its not that common anymore you definitely can be victim
to very brutal and violent gangsters. More than in most countries in South America. A fellow countryman f.e. lived in Guatemala for decades and then got very violently killed last year for a simple break in. Violence can be excessive.

When i was close by years ago it wasnt recommended at all as gang violence was very high but nowadays its definitely better compared to that. Still I would choose a lot of other countries before visiting Nicaragua.
I live in Houston so not too different.

I remember hearing a story about a guy who fled the states after killing two people. He went as far south as he could, but turned back and handed himself in after making it to Guatemala because it was too dangerous.

Back