Guard Break Problem w/ particular technique

Big Red

Green Belt
Reaction score
The guard breaking Gi technique (possible to be used in no gi) where you put pressure against your opponents armpits, raise your body so that your butt is in the air & work to put your knee in a position so that you can allow your opponent to go back to the ground & allow your knee to fall through I really have a problem with.

Any tips?

I'm a tad drunk- hope I've explained it well enough.

Always do that technique to one side, and get really used to it. I can barely do it to the right, but I can execute it well to the left. You should be able to do it both ways for the record.

WHen you sit beack to break it, make sure your foot is flat on the ground, with shin and lower leg virtually straight up.

Keep elbows in and against his sides, with hands uncomfortably twisted in his pits.

Dirty, but, make sure you put pressure on his gonads when shifting the knee (the one that pops up) over the leg.

Use your head as a post when you try to pass.

Do it all in one motion without stopping at that mid-point.

I think those are some that helped me out.

tequilaman said:
Always do that technique to one side, and get really used to it. I can barely do it to the right, but I can execute it well to the left. You should be able to do it both ways for the record.

WHen you sit beack to break it, make sure your foot is flat on the ground, with shin and lower leg virtually straight up.

Keep elbows in and against his sides, with hands uncomfortably twisted in his pits.

Dirty, but, make sure you put pressure on his gonads when shifting the knee (the one that pops up) over the leg.

Use your head as a post when you try to pass.

Do it all in one motion without stopping at that mid-point.

I think those are some that helped me out.

Nice. Thanks.

Back