GSP's 6 week test training camp

Chitaouri

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i guess it hasnt gone so well then?? that was in november i think, he was about to start a test traning camp..havent heard anythng about it afterwards..GSP will an should stay retired.

Gsp is retired and this forum should move all gsp threads to the wasteland

Or we haven't heard anything because there is a big announcement pending

GSP ain't coming back bro. No more exciting decisions and point sparring.

If a man needs a test training camp to see if he wants fight again.

He shouldn't be fighting.

GSP ain't coming back bro. No more exciting decisions and point sparring.

GSPs finishing win rate in his career of 52% is not that bad at all. But I guess you only watched his last handful of fights.

GSPs finishing win rate in his career of 52% is not that bad at all. But I guess you only watched his last handful of fights.
"only" his WW title run

Jon Fitch says GSP's point fighting hurts.

fitch_after_gsp1.jpg

If a man needs a test training camp to see if he wants fight again.

He shouldn't be fighting.

Its only smart to put yourself through that and see if your body and mind are right .

I think the test camp was just something Freddie Roach thought GSP should do and that the comment was taken way out of context. I have no sources but I'm pretty sure there was no test camp.

"only" his WW title run

Sure GSP had some decisions at the end of his career (7) against top fighters but even the great Anderson Silva hasn't finished a fight in 4 fights much less got a win (one was no contest for PEDs).

In his decision to retire during another impressive winning streak, he ultimately put to rest all discussions of a potential who would win vs him or Silva matchup. I think most people would say GSP now.

All those years that he was ranked #2, just under Silva. Now they may have been put to question only it is too late. GSP to me is the all time GOAT. There are others that are close. But GSP is just unmatched.

He has beaten everybody he has faced (as in his two losses he avenged, dominantly) and he had that massive streak of rounds won in a row, I don;t recall the number but it was like 30 rounds in a row or something.

He had continuously made the top ten of his division look like amateurs against him, even going as far to beating them at their own strength. He could during his prime take down pretty much anybody at will. He was not the best at any one aspect of mma, but he was the best all-around well rounded fighter. He was good at everything.

He is the champion of champions. I don't think he will come out of retirement to risk that now.. just as he didn't take any unnecessary risks during his fights. And although he only won via decisions later in his career, those decisions were mostly dominant and to me very entertaining. we got to see 25 minutes of high level mixed martial arts against two top WW in the world - and the champion always made short work of whomever he was facing. Which of course was always the very best.

How anybody could now rank Silva, Fedor, Aldo over him shocks me. The one guy that can match him is of course Jon Jones. Jones still has some juice left in him though, and we will see if he will surpass GSP's legacy or match him.

One thing that stings is all those years he was ranked # 2 P4P while all the while I believe he could have destroyed Silva.

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/22809/trainer-i-think-georges-is-going-to-make-a-splash-soon

Q:Hall of Fame boxing coach Freddie Roach (whom St-Pierre has worked with previously) recently spoke about St-Pierre wanting a six-week 'test camp.' Is this taking place right now?

A:
Georges is in Montreal right now. He's getting his body in shape and we're going to explore options in the near future. I don't put any pressure on Georges. I don't ask him if he wants to fight. He tells me whether he wants to fight or not. I sit there and listen to him. I think personally, these are not his words, there is more fight in him. I think he loves the sport and he gets excited about the idea of fighting again. I see him in practice all the time and the guy is incredible. He's still the best. I think Georges is going to make a splash soon.

It sounds like there was no 6 week camp at wildcard, but he's been training this whole time.

Back