GSP wants to fight Conor vs Khabib winner and not Anderson why?

Because Anderson is old and hasn't even been winning.

How about GSP fights a couple of times in a division rather than getting automatic title shots, fucking hell!

No one's scared of Anderson... the guy is a one dimensional striker that was on roids his whole career.

GSP is by a landslide the greatest of all time. He just wants money fights or exciting fights right now. AS is neither of those by a long shot...

Bro...that fight had it's chance to be made and it never happened let it go move on, you still want to see Brock/Fedor? Lol GSP would lay n pray him nowadays anyways the other 2 matchups would actually be a challenge for him.

But in terms of PPV buys it would be Conor, Anderson then Khalabib

PPV sales wouldn't be bigger than a showdown with Conor. Are you crazy?

Shit, I even doubt Anderson can get more numbers than Khabib.
Anderson is old news. If Khabib wins he'll be the top guy.

It's not even that hard to decide actually.

Because he said he doesn't want to fight at 185 and would like to go down in weight...

No one's scared of Anderson... the guy is a one dimensional striker that was on roids his whole career.

GSP is by a landslide the greatest of all time. He just wants money fights or exciting fights right now. AS is neither of those by a long shot...

Anderson a one dimensional striker... jesus

Sherdog-level analysis. Impressive.

anderson is a riskier fight with very little upside at this point. Conor or Khabib are two fighters in their primes who GSP would have a size advantage over, and possibly become the only man to hold 3 different UFC titles if it was at 155.

GSP vs Anderson was the fight to make for years... but now it's not really necessary, its more like a shogun vs machida 3

GSP doesn't need to fight. He came back for the legacy and the glory. IMO, Anderson Silva is the greatest mixed martial artist who ever lived.

Was.

The hype and glory today is in the winner of Conor/Khabib and GSP owns them both. No longer glory in beating Anderson, and if Silva manages to turn the clock back for a couple rounds he could put GSP to sleep. Not likely at this point, but damned well possible. GSP, as usual, is making the intelligent decision.

GSP’s MMA legacy is secure. Greatest welterweight ever, lots of people argue he’s the best ever period.

He wants to use up his final years earning as much money as possible.

He knew a fight against Bisping was the biggest money fight he could take so he took it. If he could have fought Conor, or anyone else and made more than he did vs Bisping, he surely would have done it.

The next biggest money fight he can get is the next fight he wants. Conor is where the money is, everyone wants that fight, GSP is no exception. Hell, Anderson even called out McGregor and Anderson is a who who spent time at LHW.

If he could make more fighting Anderson, he would fight Anderson. And still might.

Weight and no belts, also if Conor wins the paycheck would be so big it will need extra space for the amount.

Did you pay any attention to the health issues GSP had at 185?

Don't you have some green spandex in your closet to go put on?
giphy.gif

source.gif

GSP's already rich. He doesn't care about money. He wants to cement himself as the GOAT. A win over Anderson at this point doesn't do that.

Perhaps....
Or he was, and always has been scared of losing...Maybe not because of the actual losing itself (look at how much he worries about his image), as much as losing his brands effect, but scared either way. All of the women in MMA have defended, just not Conor.

He is the most inactive Champ in Combat Sports history.
GDR?

Maybe you’re right, but his actions in the past don’t support that view (in my eyes). Conor would never have asked for RDA if he was that worried, or asked for the Diaz rematch.

His ego is colossal. I think he genuinely believes he beats all these guys.

GDR?

Maybe you’re right, but his actions in the past don’t support that view (in my eyes). Conor would never have asked for RDA if he was that worried, or asked for the Diaz rematch.

His ego is colossal. I think he genuinely believes he beats all these guys.
Again...perhaps. But ultimately it is assumptions by both of us...
Still does not change the fact he is the most inactive Champ in Combat Sports history.
I have mentioned GDR lots before, while mentioning the women. she got stripped immediately, why not Conor? Double standards much?
I can't believe Conor's ego would be OK, with the women doing something he refused to do.

Cheers Cod.

It's more money fighting Conor or even Khabib at this point. Also, it's clearly not healthy for him to be maintaining the weight he would need to to fight at 185. What he had to do to put on all the weight is what caused the condition that kept him out all this time in the first place. It's much healthier for his body to be fighting at a lower weight class.

Back