• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GSP vs Diaz for all the mouth breathers

Guess you never saw his gogoplata on Gomi

Gomi is not known for his ground game. Of his 8 losses, 6 of those times he was submitted (and it's 7 submission losses if you count the Diaz fight which you seem to)

Oh and Brad Imes had gogoplata wins 2 fights in a row. I guess that makes him better at submissions than Diaz. Never mind who his opponents were.

Gomi is not known for his ground game. He's lost 6 times by submission in only 8 losses.

Come on man it was a

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGPLATA!!! Thats like me shooting a unicorn out of my hands

oh wait it was Gomi nevermind back to the show

Gomi is not known for his ground game. Of his 8 losses, 6 of those times he was submitted.

Oh and Brad Imes had gogoplata wins 2 fights in a row. I guess that makes him better at submissions than Diaz. Nevermind who he was fighting against.

I never knew Imes was such an amazing submission artist. Thank you for pointing that out, I am so tired of hearing about Diaz's deadly guard. It is so obviously a myth. If his ground game was so dangerous he would not have spent the whole time he was out of the UFC doing everything he could to avoid wrestlers.

I never knew Imes was such an amazing submission artist. Thank you for pointing that out, I am so tired of hearing about Diaz's deadly guard. It is so obviously a myth. If his ground game was so dangerous he would not have spent the whole time he was out of the UFC doing everything he could to avoid wrestlers.

Plus the reason why Diaz racked up losses in his first UFC stint was because he couldn't submit anyone who was good on the ground (or even Joe Riggs). But now, the pot-smoking Diaz crowd has decided that's all changed (with zero supporting evidence).

Plus the reason why Diaz racked up losses in the UFC was because he couldn't submit anyone who was good on the ground (or even Joe Riggs). But now, the pot-smoking Diaz crowd has decided that's all changed (with zero supporting evidence).

Hey, he submitted BJJ Black Belt Cyborg

:icon_lol:
^^ That's the best sherdog can do for lol?
man, sherdog has terrible smilies

Plus the reason why Diaz racked up losses in his first UFC stint was because he couldn't submit anyone who was good on the ground (or even Joe Riggs). But now, the pot-smoking Diaz crowd has decided that's all changed (with zero supporting evidence).
Must be the drugs.

Almost every Brazilian fighter who has been around a while seems to have a black belt in BJJ. Some of them are good on the ground, some of them are not. Cyborg is not. I believe some of them may be given a black belt so that their opponents will be less likely to want to take them down. (Wanderlei Silva might fall into this category)

Good to see I am not the only one on Sherdog who isn't buying the out of control Diaz hype.
He is a good fighter, but no where near the level I see people putting him on around here.

:icon_lol:
^^ That's the best sherdog can do for lol?
man, sherdog has terrible smilies

Cyborg slipped up and was getting smacked around and figured the ground was where the fight needed to go. In MMa lots of BB in BJJ get subbed and beaten up on the ground.

What you described right there, that's called ducking.

Fight that guy who has 4 big wins in a row, 3 of them being over the very best of the division, and 2 of them being devastating knock outs? Nah, imma fight the guy who's only decent win at WW ever is Fatpenn.

duck-3.jpeg

If you think that GSP vs Nick is justifiable for anyone except the owners of Zuffa, then you sir are the mouth breather.

What you described right there, that's called ducking.

Fight that guy who has 4 big wins in a row, 3 of them being over the very best of the division, and 2 of them being devastating knock outs? Nah, imma fight the guy who's only decent win at WW ever is Fatpenn.

duck-3.jpeg

If you think that GSP vs Nick is justifiable for anyone except the owners of Zuffa, then you sir are the mouth breather.

Oh, shut the hell up fool. JJ is fighting Chael Sonnen and AS has given the middle finger to the entire MW division.

hey i have a deviated septum, jerk, show some respect
Should of laid off the cocaine

Why should it matter if GSP asked for it? If the champion gets to choose his opponents then the title is meaningless. GSP wants what is best for himself. If GSP could fight Dan Hardy again in a title match he'd be more than pleased.

It's fairly easy to understand the reasons why the UFC would have Nick leapfrog to get the title shot but knowledgeable fans should not be happy with it and the fact that GSP wants to fight Nick is only for selfish reasons.

Nick has nothing to threaten GSP with. His come forward style will simply have him walking right into GSP's takedowns and Diaz's ground game is far more myth than reality in terms of him ever submitting anyone with a good ground game. Furthermore, GSP hasn't been threatened with a serious submission attempt since his first fight against Matt Hughes.
Champions pick their opponents all the time. I have absolutely no issue with a guy who has fought everyone the UFC has put in front of them asking for the fight he was supposed to get 2 years ago. Especially since it seems that GSP is motivated for this fight more than any others recently. Im pretty sure we're going to see the GSP that fought the rematches against Hughes and Serra as GSP wants to prove a point.

I like this notion that GSP will somehow shut Nick up by winning a decision over him. Nick will never shut his mouth and he certainly won't if he's only losing a decision.
I actually think GSP might finish Nick. If not he's going to leave him a bloody mess.
Site me one example of Nick Diaz being a PPV darling. I can wait.
Whos better known in the world Johnny hendricks or Nick Diaz? Who's had more coverage? Diaz is a bigger draw then Hendricks strictly because most people know the name Diaz better then Hendricks.
Isn't this all common knowledge ts?

You would think so but most the threads I've seen lately on the subject dont seem to support that idea

Oh, shut the hell up fool. JJ is fighting Chael Sonnen and AS has given the middle finger to the entire MW division.

JJ is fighting Chael because there were no other contenders available. Gus hadn't even had a top 10 win.

I agree AS has been fucking the the MW division by refusing to fight Weidman when he was the clear contender.

Never said GSP is the only person to duck, just that he is ducking. Not that I don't think he'd beat Hendricks, that's irrelevant. All that matters is he chose to fight some guy with 1 decent WW win in his entire career and coming off a loss, over a guy on a huge streak racking up some spectacular KO's over the best in the division. That son, is ducking.

JJ is fighting Chael because there were no other contenders available. Gus hadn't even had a top 10 win.

I agree AS has been fucking the the MW division by refusing to fight Weidman when he was the clear contender.

Never said GSP is the only person to duck, just that he is ducking. Not that I don't think he'd beat Hendricks, that's irrelevant. All that matters is he chose to fight some guy with 1 decent WW win in his entire career and coming off a loss, over a guy on a huge streak racking up some spectacular KO's over the best in the division. That son, is ducking.

No, its not ducking and I'm not your son.

I say thank you Dana for trying to make a make up year due to a injury prone and fd up 2012 year .
Thank you Dana , thank you .
Hendricks can put another notch on his belt and stay active or train his ass off for 6-7 months and prepare .

Back