GSP SWEARS that he would've defended the MW belt if he hadn't gotten sick. "I am not a coward."

Fighting a cheater who can't make weight for championship fights, will do nothing for his legacy.
if GSP beats Romero it would mean fucking a lot WTF are you talking about?, for example truly the best MW in the planet, something you can't say by beating fucking Michael Bisping

Timestamped to 52:47

GSP talking about defending the 185 belt: "I'm not a perfect man Joe, I have a lot of negative stuff about me, but one thing that I'm not....is a coward. This I swear."

Georges says that he is the type of person to honour an agreement, and in this case the agreement was to defend the Middleweight title. He passionately and adamantly states that colitis was the only reason that he was unable to do so.

Powerful words from the man himself. Let us hope GSP overcomes this horrible disease and graces the Octagon with his legendary presence again.

WAR GSP!

Then go back to MW and defend it.

I'm done with these phoney champions like GSP and Woodley ducking all comers.

I wish we had more champions like Conor McGregor. Always ready to give the top contenders red panty night and willing to fight all comers.

I'm done with these phoney champions like GSP and Woodley ducking all comers.

I wish we had more champions like Conor McGregor. Always ready to give the top contenders red panty night and willing to fight all comers.
He’s not the champ.

Why would anyone doubt GSP? He is one of the most honorable guys in the sport, and if he says that illness stopped him from defending the MW belt, I believe him!

I believe he may possibly have taken the fight against Whittaker, Romero, Rockhold, or the Chris I seriously have my doubts about.

why romero? he lost 2 times vs the champ
Only path to Whittaker is through the toughest challenger in the division imo.

As long as it isn't another instant championship match, I'll happily take it.

Not sure GAP intends much but legacy or money fights anymore. But then again he's earned them.

Kind of funny considering how many of us knew beforehand that he would run away with the title. I guess we're psychic!

Timestamped to 52:47

GSP talking about defending the 185 belt: "I'm not a perfect man Joe, I have a lot of negative stuff about me, but one thing that I'm not....is a coward. This I swear."

Georges says that he is the type of person to honour an agreement, and in this case the agreement was to defend the Middleweight title. He passionately and adamantly states that colitis was the only reason that he was unable to do so.

Powerful words from the man himself. Let us hope GSP overcomes this horrible disease and graces the Octagon with his legendary presence again.

WAR GSP!

I believe George

Ok then comeback and fight Romero...
The problem was created by GSP's effort to gain weight to get bigger for the 185 division. I doubt he will fight at 185 again. It makes no sense. He fought at 170 comfortably for a decade, my guess is that he fights at 170 or 155 next or perhaps a catch weight somewhere in between with Conor if the stars align, GSP is healthy and Conor decides to fight again. Conor losing to Ferguson or Khabib is bad for his brand. Conor might want that GSP big $$$ fight before diving back into 155 and potentially losing. If he loses to GSP, he can say I lost to a bigger man who was probably the best ever at WW. No shame in Conor losing to GSP. Gassing after a round or two and getting brutalized by Ferguson or Khabib is another story.

Conor also might also prefer to wait to dive back into 155 by letting these guys beat each other up and wear down plus Khabib and Ferguson are very large for 155. As they get older, they might have troubles making the weight for title fights. Conor has plenty of $$$ in the bank to wait them out. I would not be surprised if Conor fights GSP or Nate before he jumps into the cage with Khabib or Ferguson. Khabib does hold the belt so he might go there first. He will definitely avoid Ferguson...There are also possible rematches with Poirier and Alvarez...

So fighting at a more natural weight 185lbs made GSP sick. He had to cut less weight and it's a healthier weight for him but it gave him a disease that means he has to kill himself to get to WW or LW.

<YeahOKJen>

The disease was caused by gaining all that mass. Thus he wants to lose said mass. Thus he will be lighter. I might not be a rocket scientist but I can follow this logic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back