gsp has the best timing I have ever seen in mma when taking shots

bobbylight**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The way GSP can transition from striking to perfectly time when someone is charging in, or right after he lands a punch is amazing. No one else in mma can even come close to it. Josh Koscheck might have a better double, but you better believe that GSP's timing makes him a better takedown artist in mma. No one has been able to blend striking and grappling as well as gsp.

1208684067.gif

The way GSP can transition from striking to perfectly time when someone is charging in, or right after he lands a punch is amazing. No one else in mma can even come close to it. Josh Koscheck might have a better double, but you better believe that GSP's timing makes him a better takedown artist in mma. No one has been able to blend striking and grappling as well as gsp.

Fedor.

Ah, come on, that aint nothin' Rickson would just arm bar 'em.

yes its true fedor and gsp both are masters of mixing in the striking to grappling to striking techniques. left jab to double was executed textbook perfect by george

I think Fedor has become the new Rickson actually. He is better then everyone at everything including time travel and phase shifting.

Seriously, Fedor and Randy both mix striking in with their wrestling very, very well but it is a clinch based style where as GSP shoots for singles and doubles. That left hook, double combo was perfect. One of the best examples of an MMA shot, I can think of. Kos probably has the most tenacious double in the game, Rashad one of the slickest, GSP has the best shot in terms of an MMA setup and MMA timing.

Unless the TS means by shot he meant single/double leg but if he is not referring to that then I would say Fedor.

Yeah, I am referring to changing levels and taking a shot. Since when is locking up with someone considered a shot?

GSP was great. His wrestling has improved so much!

He should dominate for a while. I'd like to see him vs Koscheck next. And no, GSP would not defeat Anderson SIlva. As for Serra, I'd like to see him at 155 vs. Florian. (Franca wouldve been good too).

I'd tend to agree he looked pretty much perfect in his fight last night.

2w5lf6q.gif

eun0id.gif

sherktakedownken1.gif

Quick hands, good knees, and deep and powerful shots. Sherk is so fast and so relentless it's unbelievable watching him. GSP may be bigger and stronger, but Sherk has, to use a quote from Quadros, the "faster twitch."

GSP did look phenomenal last night, though, and at that moment in the GIF bobbylight posted, I had been saying, "Quick double, quick double," and then he finally went under Serra and brought him down again :icon_chee

that first gif delivers.
exactly the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title.

when that takedown occurred last night, there was a collective "ooooh!" from everyone I was watching with...
good times.

GSP's first takedown on Sherk himself was one of the best ive seen in mma. In one move he shot in, picked him up and slammed him hard into the fence. That would be a good one to gif.

GSP's first takedown on Sherk himself was one of the best ive seen in mma. In one move he shot in, picked him up and slammed him hard into the fence. That would be a good one to gif.

That was just a powerful shot that caught Sherk off guard. The second time was similar to Nog/Mirko the way GSP got Sherk blocking what he expected was going to be a strike and then by the time he started defending the shot, GSP was too deep and he eventually was brought down.

Im pretty sure gsp took down sherk easily.

That doesn't mean Sherk isn't incredibly fast, especially now at 155.

Thank you for posting that. That was simply the best shot I think I have ever seen in MMA. The timing on it was, as has already been stated, perfect. I was talking about that shot the rest of the fight, and a bit after it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back