GSP Atheticism

congo'spython

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Is GSP's athleticism largely a product of his training regiment, genetics or culture?

download (21).jpg download (22).jpg gsp.jpg images (23).jpg

discuss

HES MOTHER was HALF BLACKS GENETICS BRO

like to see how he
measures up against Woodley

Yes, also a product of great supplementation, such as Celltech

My guess is good but not amazing natural gifts and absolutely obsessive training.

alien hybrid jk.......Probably all; genetics, training, and culture (getting bullied & learning martial arts)

Gymnastics certainly helps. That shit is extremely difficult. The guy is a specimen

He has the mind of a dedicated martial artist. He lives clean, he trains hard, he honestly evaluates his weaknesses and works like a mad man to improve them. He constantly puts himself out of his comfort zone and against the best in the world.

like to see how he
measures up against Woodley

Unfair measurement to make... GSP was an absolute specimen prior to his knee surgeries. He's lost a step since, but he's still a beast when he puts it all together.

Incredible athlete and an incredible martial artist. The two blended together makes for a great fighter.

Well if he was black he'd be explosive and athetlic.

But he's white... so steroids apparently

Unfair measurement to make... GSP was an absolute specimen prior to his knee surgeries. He's lost a step since, but he's still a beast when he puts it all together.
yes he has recovered from 2 major act's
still GSP has a chance...
smart fighter with smart game plans
with unbelievable timing for his take downs

yes he has recovered from 2 major act's
still GSP has a chance...
smart fighter with smart game plans
with unbelievable timing for his take downs

GSP is 3-1 with 3 finishes when fighting for a championship title (4-1 with 4 finishes if you count his UCC title bout), and had a record of 16-2 with 13 finishes and 3 decisions when he regained his UFC WW title and began fighting safely and smart.

If the GSP/Woodley fight does materialize, it's because GSP wants it to happen and not whatever Woodley wants to believe his worth now is. I would expect GSP to fight smart but be aggressive like he's capable of being.

I give Woodley the chance and favour GSP to win. Personally, I'd like to see it happen just to put Woodley in his place, but at WW, I'd rather see GSP fight Wonderboy or Maia.

Back