Ground Control

SPRAWL42

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Any one here train there? If so how is it Im thinking of joining.

Where is it located, Who is the instructor?? What do they teach???? More specifics and you'll get more answers.

Specifics are the key...

If he's a black belt under Renzo it can't be bad. Check it out and see if you like the way he teaches. that's the best advice I can give.

I've been going to Ground Control for about a month and a half and so far I like it a lot. I've felt pretty welcome as a new student. John Rallo is an excellent instructor and a very nice guy. We have muay thai, BJJ. MMA and boxing classes. We are also moving to a new and bigger building next week and are going to add alot more class times and also some Judo classes from what I hear.

Also we have a bunch of muay thai fighters and MMA fighters that train there. Most notable Binky Jones who fought on the undercard of the CBS Saturday night fights event.

I've been going to Ground Control for about a month and a half and so far I like it a lot. I've felt pretty welcome as a new student. John Rallo is an excellent instructor and a very nice guy. We have muay thai, BJJ. MMA and boxing classes. We are also moving to a new and bigger building next week and are going to add alot more class times and also some Judo classes from what I hear.

Also we have a bunch of muay thai fighters and MMA fighters that train there. Most notable Binky Jones who fought on the undercard of the Saturday night fights event.

Thanks for the input.My main goal is to fight MMA and do grappling tourneys so im set on Ground control now. Im going to set up a intro class I guess ill see you then.

Id like to know the same thing. Ground control looks like a good gym on the website -- what are the new classes supposed to be and what is the schedule supposed to be like? I c an't find anything on the website

Anyone with experience with this gym?

SPRAWL I'll see you there. My name is Bryan i'm the tall skinny white guy wearing a gray long sleeve rash guard and black trunks. I'm mostly there days and thurs night. Just don't forget that Ground Control is closed through July 7.

As far as new classes they are not really sure yet. It is going to be the same as the current schedule at the beginning and I think they are going to change it as they get more students and the need arises. I think they intend to add a lot more classes. But so far it sounds like they are definitly going to be adding a friday day no gi class at 11:15am and striking classes after the day no gi classes.

Here is the current schedule if anyone is interested:

Ground Control Academy - jiu-jitsu and mixed martial arts in Baltimore, MD Current Schedule

I forgot. If you want more info shoot them an email. They answer pretty quick.

Yeah Ive been there for over a year now.

Great place with good BJJ and Muay thai training.

New facility is going to be crazy we move this week.

SPRAWL I'll see you there. My name is Bryan i'm the tall skinny white guy wearing a gray long sleeve rash guard and black trunks. I'm mostly there days and thurs night. Just don't forget that Ground Control is closed through July 7.

As far as new classes they are not really sure yet. It is going to be the same as the current schedule at the beginning and I think they are going to change it as they get more students and the need arises. I think they intend to add a lot more classes. But so far it sounds like they are definitly going to be adding a friday day no gi class at 11:15am and striking classes after the day no gi classes.

Here is the current schedule if anyone is interested:

Ground Control Academy - jiu-jitsu and mixed martial arts in Baltimore, MD Current Schedule

I forgot. If you want more info shoot them an email. They answer pretty quick.

Ok Im gonna schedule a class for the 11th or 12th Ill be a tall kid with a buzz cut.

i haven't heard anything bad about GC other than that it didnt have much of a focus on Gi BJJ, but that doesnt look to be a problem considering your interests

i got mad love for any legit school in the bmore area!

i haven't heard anything bad about GC other than that it didnt have much of a focus on Gi BJJ, but that doesnt look to be a problem considering your interests

i got mad love for any legit school in the bmore area!

We have a Rickson Brown Belt teaching the GI classes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jame_s
Back