Groovy Lando V Legion Of Groove Wagon

His W/L record may not be great, but even when he's lost, he's been in every fight to the end and every single one has been entertaining as hell. I'll be rooting for him this weekend.
Kindred spirits bro~ I have a call list I put out when he's fighting if you'd like to get on it just let me know. We've been keeping this thread going with all updates for years too, so you could just do the "watch this thread" link or something (wow, this thread is 6 years old!)

I was on the edge of my seat expecting Groovy to open up or do some spiny shit in teh 3rd. :D He still got teh groove, but it's much more timid. Probably tired of getting into wars, but that's his bread & butter too though.

I thought he won the 2nd & 3rd... but it was so close in the 3rd that there would've been no robbery either way. Zell came on really strong, but was missing most of his shots. He did land a few though. Groovy got the most significant strikes of the round with his uppercuts, hooks & body kick combos. The 3rd was so close that I think that little TD at the end must had been what swayed it.

Bleeding is a high judging criteria, but that shot was so light it was obviously accumulated damage. Groovy bleeds easier too, and so it is what it is. A bit of blood can sway a close round and although Groovy got the heavier shots, it was close enough there was no robbery.

Another tie would've been justified imo, but only one judge gave r1 a 10/8... so Groovy would've won had that TD or the blood not sealed his fate.

It's crazy how many of these close tight decisions Groovy has been involved in. Just counting W's & L's doesn't do his efforts proper justice.

Last edited:
When tough times come you either stay down and feel sorry for yourself, or you get back up and get after it. The conquest continues, August 12th, Las Vegas.

K06nzGb.gif

Last edited:
When tough times come you either stay down and feel sorry for yourself, or you get back up and get after it. The conquest continues, August 12th, Las Vegas.

K06nzGb.gif

He better at least try some spinny & flashy shit this time out.

Last fight had zero flash…..

People say they stay on the bandwagon because of “what kind of fighter” Lando is.

He wasn’t that kind of fighter last time out.

I thought:::: “They’re letting Lando eat and he’s goin back to 155,,,, this is going to be so fun to watch.”

Nope

He better at least try some spinny & flashy shit this time out.

Last fight had zero flash…..

People say they stay on the bandwagon because of “what kind of fighter” Lando is.

He wasn’t that kind of fighter last time out.

I thought:::: “They’re letting Lando eat and he’s goin back to 155,,,, this is going to be so fun to watch.”

Nope
The Groove was there. He waz switching stances regularly & flowing, but to your point, it wasn't the flashy brawler style that made him famous. I thought he won that fight, but he shouldn't had made it that close.

Groovy'z stachin' like an OG... but out with an injury & hopes it's minor enough that he can return later this year.

I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. Also, I dig his groovy t-shirt - my good friend got married in Avon-By-The-Sea and it was great fun.

Back