Groin protector steel cup

alexhadj1

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello there , i'd like to ask if you know which is the most common size in steel cup that fighters wear. I am thinking of purchasing a Fairtex steel cup but i am not sure about the size. Is there a special size chart on those ones?

Thank you.

Tee_ball_player_swinging_at_ball_on_tee_2010.JPG

I have a large (L) size fairtex cup. Fits me good. I'm about 5'11 164 lbs. I think if you consider youself a really small dude (overall body size) medium (M) would probably be good. But, I think for a normal sized guy not abnormally small or abnormally large, compared to American standards, go with the large (L).

I'm 6'1.5", 185-190lbs and I have an XL. But that's also because I'm hung like a horse and have vigorously large balls. :D

Because, Fairtex is notarially overpriced and almost all steel cups are cast in the same mold I would go with a Twins Special from Title.

http://www.titlemma.com/p_GPS1+M.aspx

Unless you are big framed and/or have a large flaccid penis and large testicles a Large should work.

I have a large (L) size fairtex cup. Fits me good. I'm about 5'11 164 lbs. I think if you consider youself a really small dude (overall body size) medium (M) would probably be good. But, I think for a normal sized guy not abnormally small or abnormally large, compared to American standards, go with the large (L).
I am thinking that the sizes of these relate to the holding device, not the cup itself. Most of the molded plastic cups made in the US come in up to 3 sizes-youth, teen (to accommodate puberty changes) and adult. In my experience any adult cup sold as S,M,L,XL will have the same size cup, just larger shorts. If you want a better fitting cup you just about have to shop around for a different brand. I have never seen any size indicator on the cups themselves. It was stated in another post that just about all of these steel cups are molded in the same mold. If that is the case, a larger dude could be screwed.

I am thinking that the sizes of these relate to the holding device, not the cup itself. Most of the molded plastic cups made in the US come in up to 3 sizes-youth, teen (to accommodate puberty changes) and adult. In my experience any adult cup sold as S,M,L,XL will have the same size cup, just larger shorts. If you want a better fitting cup you just about have to shop around for a different brand. I have never seen any size indicator on the cups themselves. It was stated in another post that just about all of these steel cups are molded in the same mold. If that is the case, a larger dude could be screwed.

Umm, we're talking about Thai-style steel cups here: the only holding device is three strings... :icon_surp

I took the strings out of my Twins steel cup and put it into a pair of Shock Doctor compression shorts. Works well.

Checkout cage side. I use a cage side steel cup L in my compression shorts. I deleted the bottom string, but still use the horizontal ones tied around my waist.

Back