Grocery list

Cuban Moses

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm looking to see what ppl buy when they go grocery shopping. I'm looking for something to switch things up a bit. Plus, What I write down might give you guys an idea. I have slimmed down eating this stuff. I weigh about 179-182 fully hydrated and with food in my system. I weigh about 174-177 after working out. I'm looking to be at 174 or less come the beginning of april walking around. I should be able to do it without much of a problem at my current progress.

Grocery List

Sliced turkey
Lean Turkey burgers
Chicken breasts
Salmon
Canned Turkey
Canned Chicken Breasts
Canned Tuna

Eggs
2% Milk

Fresh Cut Veggies
Bag of Spinach
Diced Onions
Diced tomatoes
Sliced Zuchini

Bananas
Apples
Mangos if they're good
Strawberries if they're on sale to put in my oatmeal

Stuff to add flavor I have on hand
Honey
Cinnammon
Salt
Pepper
Lemon Pepper
Fat Free Italian
Creole Seasoning
All-purpose seasoning
Paprika
Garlic Salt
Adobo
Teriyaki
Ketchup
Honey Mustard
Olive Oil
Butter Flavored Pam
Herb and garlic marinade
Lemon pepper marinade
Italian
Oregano
Basil

Supps
Fish Oil
Greens+
On Whey
Glucosamine

Any Suggestions or things you guys like about this that you will incorporate, let me know.

You should consider ditching the canned crap. Go fresh instead and either cook as needed... or cook ahead of time to prepare for future feedings. And do away with lunch meats, too (i.e., sliced turkey).

For more, check the FAQ and use the search function to read up on all things Berardi.

And, uh, eat your yolks (lest ye be tormented by thine D&S brethren)!

Some of my grocery staples:

Buffalo (Bison) Top Sirloin or NY Steak
Ground Buffalo (but not pre-packaged or pre-ground)
Organic Turkey Breast
Wild Salmon
Organic Spinach (Frozen)
Organic Broccoli (Frozen)
Organic Asparagus (Frozen)
Organic Shiitake Mushrooms (Frozen)
Organic Corn (Frozen)
Organic Peas (Frozen)
ITOEN Pure Green Tea
Organic Blueberries (Frozen)
Organic Nonfat Yogurt
Organic Lowfat Cottage Cheese
Organic Almonds
Organic Oat Bran
Bragg Olive Oil
Bragg ACV
Bragg Seasoning
Organic Pasteurized Egg Whites
Organic Omega-3 Eggs
Organic Red Pepper Hummus
Organic Raw Honey

Current Supplements:

Fish Oil (800/400 per serving)
NSI Creapure Creatine Monohydrate
Greens+ Wild Berry Burst
NSI R-Lipoic Acid
TP Beta Alanine
TP WMS
TP Custom Protein (85 Hydro Whey / 15 Hydro Casein)
TP Instantized BCAA Powder
Endurox R4
Heaven Sent Balanced Essentials

Hope this helps...

I buy as much whole foods as possible. Organic stuff is nice, but it's also really expensive. If money is no option buy as much organic as you can.

why all frozen and organic vegetables? isnt that just a hassle to defrost and cook? Also whats so good about organic vs regular? As long as the food is not processed or anything whats the difference?

why all organic vegetables? isnt that just a hassle to defrost and cook? Also whats so good about organic vs regular? As long as the food is not processed or anything whats the difference?

I really think organic is basically a waste of money, not because "organic" isn't superior, but because the regulations involving calling something organic are lax enough that producers get away w/ far too much shit.

My usual grocery list...

Fresh:
Brocolli
Spinach
Apples
Bananas
Chicken
Lean Ground Beef

Frozen:
Brocolli
Berries
Chicken

Dairy/Eggs:
O-3 eggs
Skim Milk
Cottage Cheese
Butter

Dry:
Olive Oil
Sunflower Seeds
Almonds
Walnuts
BestLife Wraps
Pickles
Oats
Naturally More PB (this shit is amazing)

Theres prolly more but thats all I can think of now.

Why get rid of the canned tuna and salmon? I researched it a little and found some stuff on mercury levels which are obviously bad for you and if you don't watch it the sodium it is out of this world.
But if you can't afford fresh all the time wouldn't the can be an only option even with the risk involved? Or is the risk really not worth it?

canned meat......jesus we are not in a full fledged recession yet! Take a look at the nutritional info on one of your cans and see what the daily percentage of sodium intake will be from one can. My guess would be in the range of 50% or more. Ditch that crap

Why get rid of the canned tuna and salmon? I researched it a little and found some stuff on mercury levels which are obviously bad for you and if you don't watch it the sodium it is out of this world.
But if you can't afford fresh all the time wouldn't the can be an only option even with the risk involved? Or is the risk really not worth it?[/QUOTE

if you can manage to not take in to much sodium good for you but I bet you go over. Anyway it is just plain nasty dude! Freeze some meat and thaw when you want it. Aside from the sodium there has to be a ton of preservatives to keep the nasty slimy ass meat from going bad.

I'm sure it's bad. Tuna and salmon here is around 8-10 dollars a pound fresh.

NE-PATRIOTS888, agreed. It's pretty nasty. And Cat's love me. I just need more dedication. Thanks for the gut check.

so whats the deal with frozen vegetables? I completely forgot they existed. Is it a pain to defrost though? I assume you get frozen vegetables because you can store them for a lot longer?

You guys are right, the sodium and the preservatives should make one want to avoid canned meat. But it is might convenient.

Just curious when I go to bed what can I have with cottage cheese?

Diet-

Chicken Breast
Eggs
Pinto Beans
Whole Wheat Bread
Gatorade

Supplements-

NOW Adam
Optimum Fish Oil
ISS Research Satur8
ISS Research Complete Whey Protein

Just tried 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese, 1/2 of nonfat yogurt, cinnamon, 1 packet of splenda and a little bit of vanilla as my bedtime snack. It was pretty good. I can see myself eating this before bed with no problem.

I have a dilemma on mon. weds and thurs. I have work till about noon, and then class till about 4:15 pm, then bjj or muay thai right after. I don't have access to a fridge after I leave work till I come home at night.

My plan for tomorrow is
breakfast at 6:20 am
banana at about 9
10:45 am salmon and veggies
1 pm salmon and veggies
3pm banana
get to gym at about 5 and workout
6pm greens+ with myoplex orignal packet
6:30 to 8:45 BJJ
9:15 pm veggies and prolly salmon again
11:15 pm cottage cheese, yogurt snack

My question is should I have another greens+ with myoplex snack at about 4 pm? My plan is to cut weight.

so whats the deal with frozen vegetables? I completely forgot they existed. Is it a pain to defrost though? I assume you get frozen vegetables because you can store them for a lot longer?

You can always freeze fresh veggies for storage. I just prefer to buy them frozen from the get-go (for convenience and because -- if done properly -- frozen veggies can be fresher than the "fresh" stuff you see under the mist).

I don't bother defrosting. I just toss them into a pan sprayed with the nonstick stuff and sautee with some seasoning. Others here choose to sautee their frozen veggies with a bit of EVOO.

You can always freeze fresh veggies for storage. I just prefer to buy them frozen from the get-go (for convenience and because -- if done properly -- frozen veggies can be fresher than the "fresh" stuff you see under the mist).

I don't bother defrosting. I just toss them into a pan sprayed with the nonstick stuff and sautee with some seasoning. Others here choose to sautee their frozen veggies with a bit of EVOO.

Smart. whats evoo? what type of seasoning do you use?

Back