Gregor Gillespie and Alexander Hernandez

I’d like to see either one of them fight Fransisco Trinaldo.

I've been super impressed with Gillespie. He looks talented enough to wear a belt at 155 if things fall into place properly. I think he deserves a chance at Top 10 or Top 5 competition in the very near future and see if he can make it happen. I would love to see Gillespie vs. McGregor, an absolute horrible match up for McGregor as this guy has insane cardio, great grappling and on point boxing...
Our main man Robbie here, killing it with the refresh button.

Gillespie would crush him. Better wrestler, better striker, better chin.
If Khabib ducks Tony, assuming he doesn't retire to Saudi Arabia to pray face down ass up with his buddy Zubaira, Gregor is the man to hand him an L.
Islam is a lot larger though

Awesome fight. Crazy to think Hernandez got ranked before Gillespie. I mean I know the situation, but still, crazy how chaotic this sport really is.

Gillespie vs Islam or Lee sounds very good.
imo he should fight Lee first

I think gillepsie needs a fight higher in the rankings given his age. They’ve been babying him too much imo.

Hernandez is already ranked 12th or something and will likely be top 10 with a win over Cowboy. I don't think they'd give Gillespie someone higher ranked than him.

Last edited:
Our main man Robbie here, killing it with the refresh button.[/QUOTE
Thanks for the shout-out, but I can't take the credit. Internet or Sherdog tech issues along with error messages led to my heavy handed posting wizardry...

Rather see Gillespie pushed to title contention. He's the most interesting matchup for Khabib, who has never fought a wrestler of that caliber. He's the guy people should have been talking about instead of hyping up Kevin Lee.

Gillespie is a future contender no doubt. His aggression and intensity remind me of when Glover came to the UFC.

Hernandez is already ranked 12th or something and will likely be top 10 with a win over Cowboy. I don't think they'd give Gillespie someone higher ranked than him.
I understand that. They’ve given him tough fights and he deserves the rankings. My issue is that Gillespie has had more fights, crushes his opponents and they’re slowly moving him up despite his age. Hernandez will be there for years to come so I would personally like to see them capitalize on Gillespie while he’s still in his prime.

I understand that. They’ve given him tough fights and he deserves the rankings. My issue is that Gillespie has had more fights, crushes his opponents and they’re slowly moving him up despite his age. Hernandez will be there for years to come so I would personally like to see them capitalize on Gillespie while he’s still in his prime.

I think any top 10 opponent would be good and Hernandez will be top 10 if he beats cowboy. You can't just go from fighting top 30 guys straight to the top 5.

Rather see Gillespie pushed to title contention. He's the most interesting matchup for Khabib, who has never fought a wrestler of that caliber. He's the guy people should have been talking about instead of hyping up Kevin Lee.
Yes yes yes yes yes .I've said for a year is top 5 material .he's very frustrating that he's so passive in pushing for fights

Back