Greg Hardy's charges were dropped...

" Prosecutors dismissed domestic violence charges against Panthers defensive end and soon-to-be free agent Greg Hardy on Monday after they said the accuser in the case couldn’t be found."

"The dismissal happened just as Hardy’s appeal in the case was set to begin. Mecklenburg County district attorney Andrew Murray told the judge that officials attempted many times to contact the woman, but failed. Murray said the woman had reached a civil suit agreement with Hardy.
"

https://nypost.com/2015/02/09/greg-hardy-case-dismissed-after-paid-off-accuser-disappears/

What part of "the victim got paid off" are you not comprehending?
Don't even bother. Unless this had Ray Rice levels of evidence, he's going to go with the absolutist "we can't say for sure" approach.

But wouldn't that "body slamming" coincide with Hardy's story of trying to restrain her? Look, if he was truly "beating" her, she would have had significantly more damage than bruising under her chin and back from being restrained. A black eye, a busted lip and couple of bruises on her stomach or bumps on her head would show otherwise. Guess what, none of that was there. Some of you would have us believe that he was careful not to bruise her in areas that incriminate him and then he called the police to cover his tracks. How about this, maybe he was telling the truth... she was coked up and drunk and "coming at him", as he says in the 911 call. Is that too hard to believe?

First of all, you're making an irrelevant argument that Hardy didn't beat her up by punching her in the face. Holder never claimed that Hardy punched in the face. Her statement said she was pushed, thrown, dragged, strangled by Hardy.

“I tried to get up, he pushed me,” she said, “then I started fighting back, he threw me into the bathroom, I hit the back of the shower wall and fell into the bathtub where he pulled me out.”
He dragged her out by her hair and picked her up again, she said, throwing her onto the futon, which had several weapons—what she described as “guns ...........he stood above her and strangled her with both his hands.......Hardy jumped off of her, reached into his pocket, pulled out a cell phone, screamed for Curtis to come into the room, and started filming..........Curtis came in, grabbed her from behind and, restraining her in something like a bear hug, moved her to the kitchen. Curtis, Holder said, didn’t say anything; he just did what Hardy told him. She struggled against him as Hardy called 911, claiming to have been the victim of an assault, before being let go​
https://deadspin.com/this-is-why-nfl-star-greg-hardy-was-arrested-for-assaul-1739117634

Why you would continue to insist that her uninjured face meant Hardy was innocent is perplexing unless you are just trying to blindly defend Hardy by making strawman arguments.

And in your earlier posts, you ignored to mention that there Holder was paid off and without her testimony at appeal, the case would be closed.

“The State further has reliable information that Ms. Holder has reached a civil settlement with the Defendant.”​

1. You said there was no hearing. That is incorrect. There was a trial. And the victim did testify. Hardy was found guilty.

2. Then when it came time for the appeal trial she could not be found.

Do the math.

Occam's Razor was never TS's friend.

It's like you don't understand he can beat her up to any degree he wants and stop. It's not like he has one mode of attack and it's to try to beat her to death. Domestic abuse is about control (ie showing up unannounced at her place to smell her towels and sheets bc he suspected her of cheating was also documented) it's not about trying to beat someone to death or win the 'fight'. When you are the dominant physical force in the situation you have complete control of how far you can put an ass whipping on someone who poses no physical threat to you whatsoever. The power differencial is similar to a typical adult and a 7 year old child.
The situation occurred at his place. She was not "beat up" and he is the one who called the police. If he thought he was guilty in any way, I don't think that he would have done that. You are talking about a huge black guy and a small white girl, so, I don't care what your hangups or stereotypes are, that is a recipe for disaster if you are guilty in the slightest. Hell, look at how Sherdog views him now in spite of the evidence that suggests he may not be guilty.

First of all, you're making an irrelevant argument that Hardy didn't beat her up by punching her in the face. Holder never claimed that Hardy punched in the face. Her statement said she was pushed, thrown, dragged, strangled by Hardy.

“I tried to get up, he pushed me,” she said, “then I started fighting back, he threw me into the bathroom, I hit the back of the shower wall and fell into the bathtub where he pulled me out.”
He dragged her out by her hair and picked her up again, she said, throwing her onto the futon, which had several weapons—what she described as “guns ...........he stood above her and strangled her with both his hands.......Hardy jumped off of her, reached into his pocket, pulled out a cell phone, screamed for Curtis to come into the room, and started filming..........Curtis came in, grabbed her from behind and, restraining her in something like a bear hug, moved her to the kitchen. Curtis, Holder said, didn’t say anything; he just did what Hardy told him. She struggled against him as Hardy called 911, claiming to have been the victim of an assault, before being let go​
https://deadspin.com/this-is-why-nfl-star-greg-hardy-was-arrested-for-assaul-1739117634

Why you would continue to insist that her uninjured face meant Hardy was innocent is perplexing unless you are just trying to blindly defend Hardy by making strawman arguments.

And in your earlier posts, you ignored to mention that there Holder was paid off and without her testimony at appeal, the case would be closed.

“The State further has reliable information that Ms. Holder has reached a civil settlement with the Defendant.”​
The marks on her neck do not indicate "choking or strangulation". The bruising is higher and towards her chin and this was what was obvious to me when the photos were released. Again, I was coming from a position of "kill the bastard" until all of the evidence was released. I am a Dallas Cowboy fan so that is why my attention was piqued and I despise how jerry jones always seems to have a soft spot for criminals.

As for a "payoff", that is speculative. It could also be that she was lying the entire time yet still managed to receive a small amount of money for it and if she refused the "payoff" and went to court, the evidence would leave her with nothing. Again, who knows the real story? None of us, yet we are all here jumping to conclusions and convicting the man without knowing the truth.

Occam's Razor was never TS's friend.
Actually, Occam's Razor fits this situation perfectly. All evidence points to Hardy's version of events being the correct one. If you are applying the "Razor" to the media's spin, then perhaps the PC crowd has a point.

Let me expound for you:

Hardy is the one who made the 911 call.
The lady was under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
They were in Hardy's home.
The bruising on her neck is that of a restraining maneuver and not from choking, as there are no bruises around her throat area.
A witness corroborated his telling of the story.
She had never reported abuse before, they were not married and yet she still chose to return home with him.
She chose to drop out of a trial by jury.

All of the "assumptions" that you would have to assert would be in contrast to the evidence presented.

Occam's Razor? Indeed.

Last edited:
Actually, Occam's Razor fits this situation perfectly. All evidence points to Hardy's version of events being the correct one. .

Maybe you can get a job as Hardy's publicist? You just try to pretend the photos of the girl weren't really that bad. Hardy actually tried claiming they were faked. lol

Maybe you can get a job as Hardy's publicist? You just try to pretend the photos of the girl weren't really that bad. Hardy actually tried claiming they were faked. lol
You changed your narrative... first we are talking about Occam's Razor and then you switched to something completely different. The photos of the girl didn't show an attack. The marks confirmed restraint.

You changed your narrative... first we are talking about Occam's Razor and then you switched to something completely different. The photos of the girl didn't show an attack. The marks confirmed restraint.

Sure, buddy. Sure. I didn't change anything. I was just amused by your excuses. They're way better than Hardy's own.

Sure, buddy. Sure. I didn't change anything. I was just amused by your excuses. They're way better than Hardy's own.
There are no excuses, just evidence and a dropped case. You come in with your "intellectuality" (it ain't a word, look it up!) and when that falls on its face, you resort to moronicality (that ain't a word either, look it up!).

The Rice incident was brought up to show the "double standards" of equality. Not defending him but asking a legitimate "PC" question. Where do you draw the line on equality. If you say that there are no lines, then the Rice incident should not be a big deal but if you say that there are lines, then you don't really believe that men and women are truly equal.

See what I did there?
@JJ Frog ... are you the only one that gets this?

Actually, Occam's Razor fits this situation perfectly. All evidence points to Hardy's version of events being the correct one. If you are applying the "Razor" to the media's spin, then perhaps the PC crowd has a point.

Let me expound for you:

Hardy is the one who made the 911 call.
The lady was under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
They were in Hardy's home.
The bruising on her neck is that of a restraining maneuver and not from choking, as there are no bruises around her throat area.
A witness corroborated his telling of the story.
She had never reported abuse before, they were not married and yet she still chose to return home with him.
She chose to drop out of a trial by jury.

All of the "assumptions" that you would have to assert would be in contrast to the evidence presented.

Occam's Razor? Indeed.

Also, everyone saying she was paid off is saying that she would accept money to drop charges that would put him away, and even return home with him.....

.....but she would never lie about being assaulted.

What’s being argued here? Hardy was convicted via bench trial. He appealed and she refused to participate further. Not sure exactly what that means but it’s not uncommon for victims to walk away from lengthy appeal processes. We don’t really know I suppose other than he was pronounced guilty by a judge.

Again, the evidence suggests that his story was accurate. From the police report to her not showing up to the full trial, he claimed he was restraining her and the damage coincides with that story. As big as he is, if he did truly beat her, she would have had more than a few bruises.

A woman doesn’t have to be Christy Mack level tko for a crime to be committed

A simple Grab of an arm or a push is enough to trigger a crime.

Grabbing the throat is a felony.

She said he was jealous and controlling

He says he was trying to get her to leave but you can’t just pick someone up and toss them out the door.

If you really want someone to leave there are better ways to do it than to grab and push.

It’s called called the police and explain someone is assualting me in my own home and won’t leave.

Instead in this case a he said she said dispute occurred where bruises and scratches appeared on the woman(victims body)

And then he got found guilty

And then he probably communicated to the woman after the fact that it would be better for you and or us if you don’t show up to trial so I can get it dismissed. He probably begged o baby this is gonna ruin my nfl career please here take some money just don’t show up.

Everyone is saying it in the nick Diaz thread and it’s totally accurate.

Don’t date crazy. You have a choice.

Greg made bad choices and is where he is because now of them.

Accountability

There are no excuses, just evidence and a dropped case. You come in with your "intellectuality" (it ain't a word, look it up!) and when that falls on its face, you resort to moronicality (that ain't a word either, look it up!).

You apparently can't even keep straight the responses to your posts. I never typed "intellectuality" anywhere though it is a word. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/intellectuality

Hardy was convicted and sentenced. It was appealed and thrown out because the accuser couldn't be found. Occam's Razor should tell you why she couldn't be found but you choose to make excuses for beating women and live in denial. It's ok. lots of people do. Just don't expect rational people to join you there.

You're at least more amusing than Hardy when he tried claiming the photos were all fake.

You apparently can't even keep straight the responses to your posts. I never typed "intellectuality" anywhere though it is a word. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/intellectuality

Hardy was convicted and sentenced. It was appealed and thrown out because the accuser couldn't be found. Occam's Razor should tell you why she couldn't be found but you choose to make excuses for beating women and live in denial. It's ok. lots of people do. Just don't expect rational people to join you there.

You're at least more amusing than Hardy when he tried claiming the photos were all fake.
I used the word. I didn't accuse you of using it. In regards to the case, regardless of a judge's opinion, the evidence is the evidence and we all have it now. I don't believe that she would have ever won a trial by jury. There was nothing pointing to him being guilty beyond a shadow of doubt. Just my attempt at being an "intellectualarian".
upload_2018-6-14_12-12-13.jpegupload_2018-6-14_12-12-13.jpeg
upload_2018-6-14_12-13-27.jpeg

Last edited:
What’s being argued here? Hardy was convicted via bench trial. He appealed and she refused to participate further. Not sure exactly what that means but it’s not uncommon for victims to walk away from lengthy appeal processes. We don’t really know I suppose other than he was pronounced guilty by a judge.
Well that is the thing... we now have most of the evidence but for me, the pictures are worth a thousand words. The bruising is not consistent with choking. Also, the fact that he called 911 makes me believe that this would never have seen the light of day had he not called. Just my two cents.

I used the word. I didn't accuse you of using it. In regards to the case, regardless of a judge's opinion, the evidence is the evidence and we all have it now. I don't believe that she would have ever won a trial by jury. There was nothing pointing to him being guilty beyond a shadow of doubt.

The US justice system's criminal standard of proof is "beyond a reasonable doubt" not "beyond a shadow of doubt" It's even lower in a civil trial. There it's simply "preponderance of evidence".

Beyond a shadow of doubt is the standard OJ Simpson jurors used. Believe it or not, there was even a juror named Moran on that jury. It led to a joke calling them a bunch of morans.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back