Greetings from Rio!

TFPUK

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals!

I'd like to introduce myself on the forums and say hi to all you people on here :icon_chee My name is Carl Fisher and I go by the name of The Fighting Photographer, I've been a BJJ and MMA journalist for over ten years and have been contributing editor to Grappling, Bodyguard, Ultimate Athlete, Gladiator and Gong magazine to name a few and many many internet sites such as ADCC, OTM and all the UK forums.

I'm here in sunny Rio, training at Gordo's and have made friends with the Gerbil, who needs no introduction on here :icon_chee

I have a Blog that logs all my adventures as I travel the world, training jiu jitsu and competing as often as I can. I'm a purple belt with Combat Base UK, which is headed by Chris Haueter, one of the infamous Dirty Dozen.

Take a few minutes to read the Blog and feel free to add comments (nice ones please!!) The Fighting Photographer Zone!

SS101508.jpg

TFPUK

Wow sounds awesome! welcome to the forums, how long are you staying in Rio?

It's unfortunate the Rio has a shitload of beer towers and that tummy will just keep growing. Anyway good luck with your travels and be careful where you are going.

Carl is a great guy, a good BJJ practitioner and a true ambassador to the sport!

Thanks for joining the forums

Thanks for the welcome guys :icon_chee

I am here for nine more days and by the time you read this message I will be celebrating my 40th birthday here and what better way for a BJJ addict to have his 40th??

:icon_chee

TFPUK

Gz old man ;)

Also so wanna trade places with you:mad:

Welcome and great articles in your blog about the training experiences in Rio. I recommend everyone to read it!

Wow, dos Anjos has gained quite a bit of weight since his injury, by the looks of it. That is going to be a rough cut next time...

Gz old man ;)

Also so wanna trade places with you:mad:

Join the back of a very long queue bro :icon_chee

Cheers ShanghaiBJJ, dos Anjos is training hard at Gordo's right now :icon_chee

TFPUK

Welcome.

Honestly, I expected better pictures out of your blog though.

Welcome and great articles in your blog about the training experiences in Rio. I recommend everyone to read it!

Wow, dos Anjos has gained quite a bit of weight since his injury, by the looks of it. That is going to be a rough cut next time...

dos Anjos really hasent gained as much weight as you would think. It's the swelling in his face which still hasnt gone all the way down. I'm not sure if it's the medication he's on or not but when I saw him right after the fights he didnt even look like the same person.

dos Anjos really hasent gained as much weight as you would think. It's the swelling in his face which still hasnt gone all the way down. I'm not sure if it's the medication he's on or not but when I saw him right after the fights he didnt even look like the same person.

That sucks... That kid is definitely going to be a serious factor at lightweight.

I just meant higher quality pictures since I was thinking more of along the lines of Photographer. Don't mind me, it's the wannabe photographer in me.

I have a big shiny SLR at home that I didn't wanna bring here and make myself a prime target for a robbery :D

I am using a small Samsung 10M but the lighting in Gordo's is terrible, so a lot of hit and miss pix and blurred too; I've had the camera a long time so it's probably at the end of its days, been all over the world with me, been dropped in sand, spilt beer on etc etc etc :icon_chee

TFPUK

Back