Greens+ herbs

carlsonbjj

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I just bought this stuff, and my question is does it contain sufficient amounts of herbal extracts to cause potential side effects, or interact with other things?

I just bought this stuff, and my question is does it contain sufficient amounts of herbal extracts to cause potential side effects, or interact with other things?

why are you asking AFTER you bought the stuff?

It looks like you have 340 mg total of herbs in the daily serving.

Echinacea is a stupid thing to put in a long term general health product, it's for short term use during an active infection but the dose is so low it doesn't matter.

The doses on the herbs there are very low but this almost always true of green powders that include some herbs.

To give you an example of what therapeutic doses would look like, when recommending eleuthero to a patient I'll often have them take 2,000 mg to 5,000 mg per day of an extract that is at a 50:1 concentration ratio (meaning 50 g of raw material is equivalent to 1 g of extract, Siberian ginseng is very woody and has a great deal of inactive fiber so concentration ratios generally have to be high to make the dose effective).

You have 60 mg in there, at an unknown concentration ratio.

Back