Green Tea vs Green Tea Capsules

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Fierce0virus, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Fierce0virus

Fierce0virus White Belt

[​IMG]

240ml 1 cup

True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements

Green Tea Extract 500mg capsules

--------------------

I just want to know the difference between taking the capsules and actually drinking the tea. Which one is better, which one you would prefer, etc. Also haha, my relatives say the tea makes you need to go to the bathroom if your body isn't use to it. Just wondering if the capsules are the same.

2. Loomy

Loomy Purple Belt

well tea has been tested for thousands of years on billions of people, and whatever those capsules are have not. so we don't actually know the practical difference. you can experiment on yourself if you want though.

and the reason tea makes you pee is because it is made of water. you and your "relatives" need to have a talk.

3. spannered

spannered Real men don't wear belts

Tea is a diuretic. It speeds up the process of passing fluids, more so than regular water.

4. Rws177die

Rws177die Yellow Belt

I try and drink green tea but on days that I don't I take a capsule

5. dropshot001

dropshot001 Red Belt

for the most part, getting something in it's "natural" form is better than getting the extract

6. strangejosh

strangejosh We Do Not Sow

7. Fierce0virus

Fierce0virus White Belt

Thx everyone for the awesome answers. Think I'm gonna go with both then...2 cups of tea and 1 capsule a day? :O

Also Loomy, my cousin says it gives him some crazy bowel movements :redface: lol

8. Loomy

Loomy Purple Belt

not really as far as I know. caffeine has been said to be a diuretic, but upon looking that up it seems it isnt really a diuretic either. just a tiny bit. 2008 update on caffeine as a diuretic: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/04/health/nutrition/04real.html?_r=1

maybe. but I suspect he is misdiagnosing the cause of those bowel movements...

9. Blackice

Blackice Orange Belt

Actually...tea is known to be a mild laxative. You shouldn't really drink more than 2 cups per day.

10. Rws177die

Rws177die Yellow Belt

Reminds me of coffee

11. Clint07

Clint07 You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature?

One a side note, the picture at the top is not green tea, it is herbal tea from evergreen leaves

12. Ayin

Ayin Black Belt

Several years ago I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It seems to run in the male half of my family, and is certainly a pain. Drinking Green Tea definitely has a laxative effect on me, but nowhere near as much as, say coffee. It is likely that if your cousin is noticeably being effected, that he has another, prior condition, which he may not notice, day to day, but which becomes apparent when introducing something like tea.