Multiplatform GreedFall II announced (ETA: 2024)

Valhoven

Parliament of Will
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
GreedFall II: The Dying World
GreedFall2-1.jpeg

Here’s what Spiders’ Founder and Director of Development, Jehanne Rousseau, had to say on GreedFall 2’s announcement:

"While we were working on Steelrising, our love of the GreedFall universe never faded, and so we are thrilled to be returning to it. In this new chapter, players will explore the old continent with its bigger and more diverse environments. They will meet new companions and new factions, and I hope they will have unforgettable adventures."

Meanwhile, NACON’s CEO Alain Falc added:

"We are very excited to reveal GreedFall 2 to everyone, the new game from Spiders. Many fans across the world were begging for this sequel, and we are delighted to be publishing this new game that these fans are sure to love. We also hope it will appeal to new players and all fans of roleplaying games, great stories, action, and fantasy."

GreedFall 2 will take the form of a prequel that takes place three years before its predecessor, with players assuming control of a Teer Fradee native uprooted from island by force and taken to the content of Gacane. In order to regain their freedom, the main character must utilise everything from diplomacy to brute force amidst a world ravaged by wars and the Malichor plague.
Sauce from PSU team here

Prequel, fellas. In.

Was the first game actually any good? I may have two days off in the next couple of weeks and might want to play something. I got some special edition but haven’t put an hour into it.

I liked Oblivion and the Assassin’s Creed game for reference.

Was the first game actually any good? I may have two days off in the next couple of weeks and might want to play something. I got some special edition but haven’t put an hour into it.

It was my indie gem of the year it released. Highly recommend, Andrew. The score is incredible – French horns, palatial and freeroam grandeur whatnot, the whole nine.

I never beat the first, I need to go back and do that. I remember having fun with it though. I would describe it as flawed but very cool world and fun to play.

View attachment 923642

Here’s what Spiders’ Founder and Director of Development, Jehanne Rousseau, had to say on GreedFall 2’s announcement:

"While we were working on Steelrising, our love of the GreedFall universe never faded, and so we are thrilled to be returning to it. In this new chapter, players will explore the old continent with its bigger and more diverse environments. They will meet new companions and new factions, and I hope they will have unforgettable adventures."

"We are very excited to reveal GreedFall 2 to everyone, the new game from Spiders. Many fans across the world were begging for this sequel, and we are delighted to be publishing this new game that these fans are sure to love. We also hope it will appeal to new players and all fans of roleplaying games, great stories, action, and fantasy."

GreedFall 2 will take the form of a prequel that takes place three years before its predecessor, with players assuming control of a Teer Fradee native uprooted from island by force and taken to the content of Gacane. In order to regain their freedom, the main character must utilise everything from diplomacy to brute force amidst a world ravaged by wars and the Malichor plague.
Sauce from PSU team here

It's def worth playing. Reminds me of Bioware games.

Thanks @Valhoven Spiders are really evolving into something special. I never finished Greedfall, but plan to do so on my Deck.

So this game is taking place on the main/developed continent? I hope they channel Bloodborne and Grim Dawn's Victorian dark fantasy aesthetic more.

I'm really excited for Steelrising as well.

It was very good...for an indie RPG trying to be a AAA RPG. It impresses at first, but then shows its limitations and can feel a bit samey after a while. Worth a look, though.

Reactions: hsz
I liked that game but they need to redo the audio. I start laughing to myself when I heard “MY NAME IS DE SARDET, LEGATE OF THE CONGREGATION OF MERCHANTS” like a million times and the soldier guy saying "THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET DICEY"

Reactions: hsz
Greedfall was flawed but fun. It had some of the best companion interactions in a game since Baldur's Gate/Mass Effect. I'll be keeping an eye on this, and Steelrising as well.

I really wanted to enjoy Greedfall. but I got annoyed before I even left the initial island. Maybe I should give it another crack this weekend.

I hate prequels so much, but I enjoy strong debut games that get a follow up.

Still haven't played the first one but keep hearing good things about it.

I really wanted to enjoy Greedfall. but I got annoyed before I even left the initial island. Maybe I should give it another crack this weekend.
The title shines upon protag's big sea-crossing voyage. You get a cool sense of an untamed world and the duellist versus diplomat nature of your char. Really can't recommend enough at least getting further than you had to get a splash of salt water on your face and see why the new continent is so mysterious.

The title shines upon protag's big sea-crossing voyage. You get a cool sense of an untamed world and the duellist versus diplomat nature of your char. Really can't recommend enough at least getting further than you had to get a splash of salt water on your face and see why the new continent is so mysterious.
The idea really interested me I must admit. I can't remember the exact reasons I got annoyed at the game. I think I just wanted to hit the open seas and get to the untamed wilderness already.

The idea really interested me I must admit. I can't remember the exact reasons I got annoyed at the game. I think I just wanted to hit the open seas and get to the untamed wilderness already.
Yeah, the beginning is a little stuffy – it's true.

Something I liked about it after the fact though is because of that, you feel more so you've made this pilgrimage (expedition, really) away from old-world bureaucracy and for something...I don't know, wild and free; new and strange. It's one of the best explorer, tracker titles I've played in recent memory, IMO, speaking to narrative and vibe. There were limitations from budget and schedule, team size whatnot (as many have rightly remarked) but, man, Spiders had something special cooking when they put GF together.

If the upcoming Steelrising property ends up being equally as creative, Spiders is going onto my A-list for studios to watch going forward (which they admittedly kind of already are). My friend lives not far from their office in southern Paris, so she and I send each other random news pegs when we find them to update each other on what they're up to.

Took a screengrab just now for you on another piece of Dying World promotional art. This screams majesty to me:

Skärmavbild 2022-05-24 kl. 15.16.53 (kopia).png

Yeah, the beginning is a little stuffy – it's true.

Something I liked about it after the fact though is because of that, you feel more so you've made this pilgrimage (expedition, really) away from old-world bureaucracy and for something...I don't know, wild and free; new and strange. It's one of the best explorer, tracker titles I've played in recent memory, IMO, speaking to narrative and vibe. There were limitations from budget and schedule, team size whatnot (as many have rightly remarked) but, man, Spiders had something special cooking when they put GF together.

If the upcoming Steelrising property ends up being equally as creative, Spiders is going onto my A-list for studios to watch going forward (which they admittedly kind of already are). My friend lives not far from their office in southern Paris, so she and I send each other random news pegs when we find them to update each other on what they're up to.

Took a screengrab just now for you on another piece of Dying World promotional art. This screams majesty to me:

I'll be very interested in the sequel I imagine the first one did well enough that they have better funding for this one.

Great game for what it is. I got for $30 and felt I got my money's worth. It is limited by it budget but uses it very well. I think it is a mid market gem.

I like how they included guns along with swordfighting. You don't see that often in rpgs. It's like a Fable that wasn't a massive disappointment.

I should probably finish it. I think I got to the point where I had equipment & companion bonuses to max all stats.

View attachment 923642

Sauce from PSU team here

Wanted to play the first sometime but it’s coming off Gamepass on the 15th. Just been to busy to get around to trying it out. Darn it.

Back