Greatest prelim fight of all time?

RogerRabbit

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I know a lot of people think the prelims are throwaway fights, but I'm sure there have been some real surprises throughout the UFC's history.

who thinks prelims are throwaway fights? Pretty much every Ufc champ started out fighting on the prelims.

well, you could certainly start with looking @ all the FOTN awards....

The prelims are awesome...I watch them live unless I have something to do, then I'll just catch the good ones the next day.

Plenty of up and coming fighters on them, and plenty of lighter weights on them that just dont have the big names yet but are killers.

All 3 of John alberts fights, the 2 nick denis fights, lineker/guadinot all on the prelims

Denis vs Delorme was one of the best one round fights period, I think it was on the prelims.

Prelims are definitely not throwaway fights.

Even though it's WEC, Korean Zombie vs. Leonard Garcia came to mind first.

The prelims are awesome...I watch them live unless I have something to do, then I'll just catch the good ones the next day.

Plenty of up and coming fighters on them, and plenty of lighter weights on them that just dont have the big names yet but are killers.

All 3 of John alberts fights, the 2 nick denis fights, lineker/guadinot all on the prelims

Yeah if you mean watching Albert lock on tight triangles and not being able to end it and subsequently being finished , then yeah i agree with that one.

denis vs delorme
nik lentz vs oliveira
diabate vs cane (while it lasted)

Prelims are awesome man, great way to look at the up and comers. Look at John Dodson, while not the best example due to his weight class, but he was on tuf, prelims, and now title fight against Mighty Mouse.

Yves Edwards v Stephens was a prelim fight and that short hook was perfectly placed!

Back