Elections Greatest Newest?

Who's your pick?

• Total voters
Carter's role in bringing irrationality to mainstream politics shouldn't be forgotten (made much more of his nutter religion than previous presidents, promoted belief in UFOs, etc.). He also didn't have any major accomplishments, and left with some big short-term problems unsolved, though I guess you could give him credit for putting Volcker in place. Can't see any way on Earth he stacks up with Obama, though.

Making peace between Egypt and Israel counts as a major accomplishment by any measure, in fact it earned him the Nobel peace prize. Carter was unlucky in many respects, i think he could've done much better given a different set of circumstances

Nixon was a good president.
Except for the crime, escalation of the Vietnam war, fighting an illegal shadow war in Cambodia and Laos, and starting the war on drugs. Other than those small missteps...yeah, he was pretty good. The EPA, OSHA, his embrace of Keynesian economics, and furthering the fight against segregation were all highlights of his time in office.

The only person on that list who you can attribute ALL his major fuckups to trying to fix the even bigger, monumental fuck ups of his predecessor is Obama.

Let's not revise history here.

How does that negate my point that Clinton is overrated? W Bush flat out sucked, and part of why Obama was so good was because he had to deal with the shit sandwich W left him. But Clinton is overrated as hell imo. Anybody who says otherwise is revising history. Lets not forget how shitty he was on crime.

Trump is working hard to take Reagan's title but we'll see if he pulls it off.
working hard?
he has taken more days off work than any other president in history and cost taxpayers more money golfing than 350 YEARS of his "presidential salary" that he loves to make big twitter posts about "donating"

Except for the crime, escalation of the Vietnam war, fighting an illegal shadow war in Cambodia and Laos, and starting the war on drugs. Other than those small missteps...yeah, he was pretty good. The EPA, OSHA, his embrace of Keynesian economics, and furthering the fight against segregation were all highlights of his time in office.

Opening China was also good. But he was such a crook that it literally wipes out every good thing he did. His behavior did tremendous damage to the integrity of governmental institutions.

1) Nixon
2) Bush Sr.
3) Trump
4) Bush Jr

9) Obozo

Deal with it Sherbros

<GinJuice>

How does that negate my point that Clinton is overrated? W Bush flat out sucked, and part of why Obama was so good was because he had to deal with the shit sandwich W left him. But Clinton is overrated as hell imo. Anybody who says otherwise is revising history. Lets not forget how shitty he was on crime.
All your points are valid, as is mine that he crushes all of the competition without question. Sure he may be overrated, criminally even, but still takes the crown without so much as lifting a finger, unless it's to bang Monica.

All your points are valid, as is mine that he crushes all of the competition without question. Sure he may be overrated, criminally even, but still takes the crown without so much as lifting a finger, unless it's to bang Monica.

Why does he take the crown? Because he had the dumb ass luck to come around in the 90s? Clinton entered the white house on 3rd base and people act like he hit a triple.

Carter's role in bringing irrationality to mainstream politics shouldn't be forgotten (made much more of his nutter religion than previous presidents, promoted belief in UFOs, etc.). He also didn't have any major accomplishments, and left with some big short-term problems unsolved, though I guess you could give him credit for putting Volcker in place. Can't see any way on Earth he stacks up with Obama, though.

nothing wrong with acknowledging UFOs.

He kind of reminded of Captain Picard...always attempting diplomacy and attempted his damnest to cross the political aisle to the "other side."

does he have some colossal fu*k ups? absolutely.

had this world beeen more civilized, he would have made a great president, (if that makes sense).

Making peace between Egypt and Israel counts as a major accomplishment by any measure, in fact it earned him the Nobel peace prize. Carter was unlucky in many respects, i think he could've done much better given a different set of circumstances

@Jack V Savage this is a big one I forgot to mention earlier.

Carter is probably one of the few presidents fully commited to Peace.

Why does he take the crown? Because he had the dumb ass luck to come around in the 90s? Clinton entered the white house on 3rd base and people act like he hit a triple.
No one enters the white house on third base...period.

Now, Clinton came into the whitehouse that had seen 20 of the previous 24 years under Republican control. So if your arguement is that they so fucked the financials of the country over that time, that even a half drunken fool couldve made tangible repairs, I suppose that's a valid arguement.

@Jack V Savage this is a big one I forgot to mention earlier.

Carter is probably one of the few presidents fully commited to Peace.

I read a book by a special ops guy about the failed mission to rescue the Iran hostages and I was expecting the author to rip Carter and call him weak etc. but instead he spoke about how Carter talked to all the folks who took part in the mission and took full responsibility and promised them that there would be no witch hunts to find people to blame. After that he said everyone involved in special ops absolutely adored him. The guy is a saint!

I read a book by a special ops guy about the failed mission to rescue the Iran hostages and I was expecting the author to rip Carter and call him weak etc. but instead he spoke about how Carter talked to all the folks who took part in the mission and took full responsibility and promised them that there would be no witch hunts to find people to blame. After that he said everyone involved in special ops absolutely adored him. The guy is a saint!

his post presidency actions are worth noting as well...especially with his charitable work with Habitat for Humanity.

No one enters the white house on third base...period.

Now, Clinton came into the whitehouse that had seen 20 of the previous 24 years under Republican control. So if your arguement is that they so fucked the financials of the country over that time, that even a half drunken fool couldve made tangible repairs, I suppose that's a valid arguement.

The President is actually given way too much credit/blame for the economy. If you want to see their true impact look at international policy and domestic policy that falls within the executive. People get distracted by the amazing economic numbers when talking about Clinton. He largely wasn't responsible for that, no President is. Don't get me wrong i don't think Clinton was a bad president, just highly overrated.

The President is actually given way too much credit/blame for the economy. If you want to see their true impact look at international policy and domestic policy that falls within the executive. People get distracted by the amazing economic numbers when talking about Clinton. He largely wasn't responsible for that, no President is.
I agree, which is why I said Clinton by a landslide compared to all these other executives.

working hard?
he has taken more days off work than any other president in history and cost taxpayers more money golfing than 350 YEARS of his "presidential salary" that he loves to make big twitter posts about "donating"

Golf is hard, friendo.

I have been told making peace between middle eastern countries and Israel means you are racist and hate women

Back