• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Greatest moments in MMA history... recreated in MS PAINT, part SIX

i dont remember seeing one of these

paul%20harris_zpsfj10xnxf.png

@TigerUpperKut @HughPhug @Empty Emp

do you guys zoom in when you're doing your drawings?

depends on how detailed i wanna be

i don't know about everyone else but i only use a mouse to do my paints. that being the case, i have to use the zoom feature at times

I've been meaning to ask @Empty Emp what he uses besides ms paint. some of his gifs are too clean to be strictly ms paint. like the anik/big ben interview, the background stays the same as characters move. unless there's a feature in ms paint i don't know about that allows you to use a background.

that's why all my gifs don't have backgrounds. it would be practically impossible to have a background that isn't a solid color for me to have a moving character pass by in front of it

i'm gonna stay away from gifs for a while, or at least the complicated ones. i get to contribute more paints when it's just a still picture

the dwts chuck one took 23 different stills to make.

Is this when Grey Maynard knocked himself out? Lol

im pretty sure its khabib throwing some noob, probably trujilo?

i like the art in this one btw, recognisable but still ms paint/ghetto lookin

i swear emp, your attention to detail is second to none.

after doing two good ones, the rest would start looking more and more like lizard gsp if i was to do this one. believe me, i've thought about doing this a while back and decided to pass up on it

Thanks. That one was a lot of work. I actually thought about stopping a few times, but I just saved it and came back later. You can see I finally gave up when I got to the mountain background. I was a few minutes into it and decided solid colors were good enough haha.

@TigerUpperKut @HughPhug @Empty Emp

do you guys zoom in when you're doing your drawings?

I zoom in a lot. It all depends on the style. I usually use the smallest pencil brush, so I have to zoom in when I'm drawing details like faces, hands, etc.

depends on how detailed i wanna be

i don't know about everyone else but i only use a mouse to do my paints. that being the case, i have to use the zoom feature at times

I've been meaning to ask @Empty Emp what he uses besides ms paint. some of his gifs are too clean to be strictly ms paint. like the anik/big ben interview, the background stays the same as characters move. unless there's a feature in ms paint i don't know about that allows you to use a background.

that's why all my gifs don't have backgrounds. it would be practically impossible to have a background that isn't a solid color for me to have a moving character pass by in front of it

I use GIMP for animations. I try not to use GIMP's advanced features to stick with the tradition of the thread, but sometimes it's worth it. For the Rothwell one, I drew each character and the background on different layers so I could just move the layers for each frame. For the background, I drew that layer 2 or 3 times the size of the image so I could just move the background layer over a little bit each frame while he was walking away. The next time I make an animated one, I'll try to remember to make a tutorial.

Now that Sherdog have the spoiler tags function, I highly recommend all the painters to include the (hidden) original photo with their artwork in v6.

I know most people instantly recognize the paintings without it, but just having the confirmation there will cut down a lot of the "who is that" enquiries if the "Greatest MMA Moment" that you have chosen isn't quite as well-known :)

Last edited:
Thanks. That one was a lot of work. I actually thought about stopping a few times, but I just saved it and came back later. You can see I finally gave up when I got to the mountain background. I was a few minutes into it and decided solid colors were good enough haha.

I zoom in a lot. It all depends on the style. I usually use the smallest pencil brush, so I have to zoom in when I'm drawing details like faces, hands, etc.

I use GIMP for animations. I try not to use GIMP's advanced features to stick with the tradition of the thread, but sometimes it's worth it. For the Rothwell one, I drew each character and the background on different layers so I could just move the layers for each frame. For the background, I drew that layer 2 or 3 times the size of the image so I could just move the background layer over a little bit each frame while he was walking away. The next time I make an animated one, I'll try to remember to make a tutorial.

gimp, gotcha.

yea, that allows you to take advantage of layers. i don't have gimp. and ms paint only has one layer, lol, so to have a complex background (like a cage), it would be pretty much impossible to animate a character in front of the cage. at least without it not looking super retarded.

i might have to try out gimp. never used it before. it would probably make my life easier

Now that Sherdog have the spoiler tags function, I highly reconmend all the painters to include the original photo with their artwork in v6.

I know most people instantly recognize the paintings without it, but just having the confirmation there will cut down a lot of the "who is that" enquiries if the "Greatest MMA Moment" that you have chosen isn't quite as well-known :)

i think someone suggested this, maybe it was you, in the last thread. someone else said that part of the fun is the guessing.

for me, i think almost all the ones i do are immediately recognized. but if i should ever do one that isn't well known i think it's a good idea to use the spoiler function

Now that Sherdog have the spoiler tags function, I highly reconmend all the painters to include the original photo with their artwork in v6.

Original photo?! Fuck that. These artworks stand alone.

get some new stuff in bro. would like to see some work from you of more current stuff

Honestly I just don't have time lately, did all these when it was slow at work and I don't have many slow days lately. If I get a good idea I will do 1 though

Honestly I just don't have time lately, did all these when it was slow at work and I don't have many slow days lately. If I get a good idea I will do 1 though

lmao, some of you guys doing these things at work? must be nice...

i do mine at home on my computer

lmao, some of you guys doing these things at work? must be nice...

i do mine at home on my computer

I have even less time at home! Kids lol

Yes all my masterpieces were crafted at work. So I was getting paid to make them, I guess that makes me a professional artist.

Back