Greatest CHAMPION streak without a loss—in UFC history?

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Jones 14-0 (1NC) including winning the belt off Shogun.
6 or 7 finishes (if you include violent KO of DC)

Silva 15-0 (one non title fight because lutter missed weight, including winning belt off Franklin).
13 finishes

Gsp 11-0 (including winning belt off Matt Serra)
3 finishes

I’ll go with Silva. He had the most finishes as champion and that’s what matters the most in a fight. Also the longest streak.

discuss

Silva:
-UFC record 16 fight win streak
-14 finishes (12 within 2 rounds)
-10/11 title defenses (8 finishes)
-3 1st round LHW KOs

Thinly veiled GSP hate thread. Typical from TS.

Silva 15-0 (one non title fight because lutter missed weight, including winning belt off Franklin).
13 finishes

3 finishes

I’ll go with Silva. He had the most finishes as champion and that’s what matters the most in a fight. Also the longest streak.

discuss
Finishes matter most? What about winning?

GSP

Strenght of opposition matter
Agreed, and Georges SOS hurts him badly.

That and Lack of finishes. Statistically and logically Georges is third behind Jones and Silva.

Last edited:
Silva. Just by virtue of the insane ways he won those fights. He was like a video game in human form. GSP and Jones have great runs too, but Anderson’s streak was truly incredible.

when win streaks are nearly equal, finishes make the difference

That’s what makes Silva number 1 over Jones.
Being entertaining, and being effective at securing victory based on the rules and regulations provided are two different things.

Ive always said I don’t think we have a goat. We have goat’s based on how you choose to decide who is the best fighter. Peds? Finishes? Consistency? Entire career or “prime”. We can twist it in 50 different directions. The correct answer is that there is no answer.

Obviously Anderson Silva.

Longest streak + spectacular performances.

His competition is underrated too.

13 finishes

peds and more peds

13 finishes

3 finishes

discuss

Jones has two loses - to Reyes and Santos.
12-2 Jones

117_Jon_Jones_x_Dominick_Reyes.0.jpg

Being entertaining, and being effective at securing victory based on the rules and regulations provided are two different things.

Ive always said I don’t think we have a goat. We have goat’s based on how you choose to decide who is the best fighter. Peds? Finishes? Consistency? Entire career or “prime”. We can twist it in 50 different directions. No matter which criteria you use, the correct answer is Fedor Emelianenko.

I tweaked the ending of your post a bit. I knew what you were really trying to say. ;) :D:p

GSP
Jones
Anderson

All had epic streaks ..... I feel zero need to downplay MMA Goat contenders legacy because I liked others better etc .....

Also thought Wand and DJ had really good streaks .... although the caliber of opposition wasn’t really there imo

I tweaked the ending of your post a bit. I knew what you were really trying to say. ;) :D:p
The funny thing is my opinion is far outside of what most people think as far as the “goat” conversation. I don’t maintain my neutrality but for the sake of conversation I have my opinions. I won’t hijack this thread though.

GSP’s opposition consisted of one dimensional fighters and LWs except for Hendricks who battered him into retirement

How about Silva's competition? Truly one dimensional for the most part. Funny how you don't mention that :rolleyes:

Back