Great Players careers cut short by injury: Bryant "Big Country" Reeves

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This guy was a Legit center, a white boy from the small country town of Gans, Oklahoma. I remember when he was drafted he was a big deal at the time he also got a huge contract for the time I think it was in his second or third season they signed him for millions, he only played 6 seasons with the Grizzlies I believe, and he had to endure back pain through his entire career until his final season when it got so bad he couldn't move around anymore and forced him to retire.

Shaq said Reeves would have been a hall of fame player if he never had the back issues, he said Reeves was the toughest guy for him to guard.

Larry Bird (probably a top 6 player ever regardless, but still could have extended the celtics run and added more MVP level seasons if his back didn't give out early)
Yao Ming
Grant Hill

Penny Hardaway
Bo Jackson
Larry Johnson
Kerry Wood

He was a big boy with a really soft touch everywhere around the basket. Would’ve had a great career had he stayed healthy.

Vancouver might still have an NBA team if he’d a stayed healthy. That’s how the NBA works. The fortunes of a franchise can hang on one draft pick.

Um.....

Gets MVP then blows out his knee and can't stay healthy since.

He was a big boy with a really soft touch everywhere around the basket. Would’ve had a great career had he stayed healthy.

Vancouver might still have an NBA team if he’d a stayed healthy. That’s how the NBA works. The fortunes of a franchise can hang on one draft pick.
People diss him but the guy was talented is fuck, he was a pudgy guy from the country but he had moves like he was from the innercity street ball areas.

People diss him but the guy was talented is fuck, he was a pudgy guy from the country but he had moves like he was from the innercity street ball areas.

Well he was far more than pudgy but I basically agree. He could’ve been great.

He was too fat though... and in my opinion spent too many years in college for his own good.

Ita a shame that his career turned out the way it did

I hope this does not happen to Bol Bol - I like that guy and hope he can prove all teams wrong.

He was no "Big Z" though, another injury plagued big man from the same era.
SL9ylKvOJmc4iTGmtVeAXLHPzuAQpUK0BzToJDNROQLtaIF9RBHTexjpolU24I40MTShrJFX_HuC2FAmqBZip-G_FHxTx8chf6KfwmE1NPuXSZqf9C14UDt17UZBlJXo5czeuqiYadR1RsR9ygSRoRsLTw

Greg Oden was supposed to be a big deal but was always injured.

Andrew Bynum
Bill Walton a Hall of Famer but he missed more games in his career than he played.
Ken Camanitti
Jose Canseco was also often injured
Dez Bryant

Back