Great new article on on Anderson's GnP

The story told by these numbers is this: you may be lucky enough to stay standing, but if Anderson Silva stuns you, you're done.

I never actually thought about this before. Has Anderson ever dropped someone and not finished them? That's part of the reason he was never considered 'out' of a fight. One moment and it's over. It was very hard for anyone to be perfect for five rounds.

Unless Anderson slips on a banana peel he should beat Bisping rather easily. Anderson could be 50 years old and still beat Spitsbing

Yeah Right! Anderson GnP'ing..Funny!.......Next thing you will tell me about is how good Chuck Lidell's wrestling was!

Anderson has vicious GNP, the GNP on Marquardt was nasty.

I wonder what it'll look like without steroids.

I never actually thought about this before. Has Anderson ever dropped someone and not finished them? That's part of the reason he was never considered 'out' of a fight. One moment and it's over. It was very hard for anyone to be perfect for five rounds.

The only example I can think of is Okami being saved by the bell at the end of the first round.

I wonder what it'll look like without steroids.
The 'steroids' he was busted for were basically cutting agents. In terms of performance, if he's making weight he will look exactly the same… And by exactly the same I mean he will look like a slower, weaker, forty year old fighter… He has never looked worse in the UFC than he did against Diaz, including both losses to Chris. It's called age.

The only example I can think of is Okami being saved by the bell at the end of the first round.
Franklin was saved by the bell in the rematch too.

Franklin was saved by the bell in the rematch too.

Right you are. Those situations seem to be the only exceptions though. He's patient in picking his shots and his precision is outstanding. (Some might say his precision... is very precise).

damn andy looked fast in those gifs. Cant believe hes been able to beat everyone in the UFC even while being past his prime since about 2009 lol. True GOAT

Right you are. Those situations seem to be the only exceptions though. He's patient in picking his shots and his precision is outstanding. (Some might say his precision... is very precise).
lol
I read that in Goldie's voice.

Your technique isn't given or taken away by PED's tho. Its not like he stuck a needle in his ass & learned the intricacies of GNP

Power and speed are, which is why he took PEDs. PEDs make a big difference, that's why so many athletes take them. Ask Mark McGuire and Barry Bonds, who mysteriously became 10x bigger, faster, stronger, better when they hit age 35.

Your technique isn't given or taken away by PED's tho. Its not like he stuck a needle in his ass & learned the intricacies of GNP
PEDs help you recover faster, meaning you can have better technique.

Power and speed are, which is why he took PEDs. PEDs make a big difference, that's why so many athletes take them. Ask Mark McGuire and Barry Bonds, who mysteriously became 10x bigger, faster, stronger, better when they hit age 35.
PED's make a big difference for sure, but Anderson is still capable of putting on a matrix like performance here. This shit is ingrained in his DNA. He didn't forgot how to gnp/jab/throw kicks just bc he's clean

PEDs help you recover faster, meaning you can have better technique.
True, but Anderson already has the technique. Its already ingrained in him. He can do it in his sleep. The guy that said he won't gnp like that bc he's clean now is simply uneducated on the subject.

Back