Great Leg Drag Inversion Drill

Zankou

Bringing peace and love
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I really like this cool drill which shows Mendes/Miyao type leg drag passing with an inversion, going from side to side. It really shows how to play and develop what I think of as "back butterfly, getting your hooks in behind the guard, rather than two dimensionally thinking about going to side control. A lot of the modern double guard pull "footsie" game involves one guy working for this movement, and the other guy defending it.

[YT]zIa7ALlqeZQ&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

I don't know anything about this brown belt, but he has a lot of other great vids. One that I really like is this one, which shows a shin slide pass/smash pass combo that is similar to something I've been doing but with a lot more detail and precision. I'll be sure to work this series as well.

[YT]gYwVxVnh-T4&list=UU851E_QAX1M8D4kXLhU8Dhw&index=7[/YT]

Sweet! Thanks for the links. The bottom video on the shin cut redirect is awesome! I've been using that pass a lot recently and have been getting my foot caught. Haven't known what to do till now!

Awesome finds, he's got some great tech and plays my game. Good vids for sure Zankou, thanks man.

These guys put out some very cool stuff. Tough to differentiate yourself in the YouTube BJJ instructional market at this point, but theirs is some of the best stuff I've found on there.

These guys put out some very cool stuff. Tough to differentiate yourself in the YouTube BJJ instructional market at this point, but theirs is some of the best stuff I've found on there.

+ 1. Very creative and innovative stuff. Leg drag inversion drill is pure gold even if you don't play the 'footsies' game, as someone who is good at defending leg drags can give you hell when you're coming up into it off of a sweep.

That brown belt is Davin Maxwell who is a beast!

TTT for this thread.

Davin's vids are really, really awesome.

Probably thinking about Zak Maxwell who beat Kron at the Abu Dhabi Trials

Damn, I have to get on the forums more often again. I honestly wasn't expecting much when I hit play on the first video, but knowing Zankou always puts up quality stuff I did it... coolest drill I've seen all year. Going to practice it tonight.

Back