Great idea for people that love animals. (better than giving money to PETA!)

IFightInVegas

The Bourbonator
Platinum Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine's dog is needing surgery.. I'm an animal nut.. I donate regularly to the SPCA.

Now, I'm not on here mining for donations.. Let me make that clear.. What I wanted to show you is the site he found. I thought it was fantastic for animal lovers and people that donate to animals.

As we all know, Vet care can be expensive. Sometimes outrageously so. This is a donation site where you can have people donate for your pet's medical needs.

http://fundapetmiracle.com/projects/xena-surgery-fund1/1207

The link above is for my friend's specific situation.

I just like the idea, cause we all have so many people we communicate with over the internet. Everyone had 200+ friends on facebook now days.. Imagine if you could spread the work to 10,000 people and only 10% donated just one dollar?

Anyway.

Thanks for your guys time. Check it out.. Maybe you can get your pet help one day!

That's actually a worthy cause. Well done Vegas bringing it to light.

While I like it, I generally think it's more valuable to donate money to solving problems for humans - lord knows we have enough of them.

That being said, this is a good enough cause. I won't support it with my money, but I will support it as an option for people who won't give money to people.

Never give money to any organization 90% are funneled off to corrupt entities. Best to buy what they need and give it directly to them.

Never give money to any organization 90% are funneled off to corrupt entities. Best to buy what they need and give it directly to them.

Indeed. Cheap vodka for the homeless = real charity.

My dog ate something he shouldn't have last Sunday, started vomiting uncontrollably and experiencing tremors.

Rushed him to the vet and they treated and hospitalised him for 1 day. He came home the next morning and I got a bill for $1000.

That site is awesome. I also know how slimey humans are, and there will be a lot that take advantage of the people on that site. Look how sick my dog is, I need 5k for vet bills. Get 5k by lying about your dog....

If you really want to save animals, Go to your nearest no kill shelter with cat toys, dog toys, and a few bags of good quality dog and cat food, not the shit they sell at Walmart(You need to take good stuff like Wellness and Blue Buffalo). That donation will help a lot more.

Those no kill shelters take in the ones from the humane society that would otherwise be put down, among other sources.

While I like it, I generally think it's more valuable to donate money to solving problems for humans - lord knows we have enough of them.

absolutely. Different people's hearts are in different places.. We have Goodwill, and the Red Cross, and a ton of other orgs for people.. A site like this for people with medical needs would be fantastic as well.

I just like the option... I think about all the useless crap I spend bullshit money on. Hell in vegas we have slot/poker machines at every 7-11 and convince store.. I can't even fathom how much I've casually dropped in one of those on my way out. And it's weird it doesn't occur to me to throw a single buck in the way of charity til something strikes me.

I should make it a point to be more charitable.

My dog ate something he shouldn't have last Sunday, started vomiting uncontrollably and experiencing tremors.

Rushed him to the vet and they treated and hospitalised him for 1 day. He came home the next morning and I got a bill for $1000.

Well: They saved your dog from death, perhaps. Make a payment plan and be glad you took your dog to the vet.

Any "real" dog/pet lover should get medical insurance for their pets... Especially if your dog is like mine and eats anything not made of steel.

Well: They saved your dog from death, perhaps. Make a payment plan and be glad you took your dog to the vet.

What are you on about? The bill has been paid. I was providing an example supporting the OP that vet care can be incredibly expensive and unexpected.

I would like some money also if we're giving it out. Just got a 400$ vet bill and my little dude now needs prescription dog food that costs 55 bucks a 17 lbs bag. He cant get comfortable because pissing crystals out when he goes and doesn't want to even go.

DSC03755.jpg

Not even close to true. Many (not all) of the better charities funnel big percentages to the cause at hand.

there are children who can't get medical care

fuck your friend's dog

Heh, preaching to the wrong crowd. Dozens of the posters in clear have made it pretty clear they'd be happy to see a human die ahead of an animal in many situations. Sadly, many of those same assholes eat steak for dinner.

Heh, preaching to the wrong crowd. Dozens of the posters in clear have made it pretty clear they'd be happy to see a human die ahead of an animal in many situations. Sadly, many of those same assholes eat steak for dinner.

In all honesty if the choice was between you and my dog, I'm saving my dog.

Then I'd go and cook up a big fat juicy steak.

In all honesty if the choice was between you and my dog, I'm saving my dog.

Then I'd go and cook up a big fat juicy steak.

Actually, I'm not so down on this... I'd take my cat over most people. People die for stupid reasons - many of which I contribute to - every day. I'd notice if my cat died.

I feed my cat little bits of steak.

Back