Great Current Fantasy Match Ups

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Back home and got my matchmaking hat on. Was thinking about some great fights between great fighters that would sell and be interesting however the weight differences would be the major reason why they couldn't happen or maybe not....

JMM vs Cotto - would be great. Two great technicians that always fight all out in the ring. Both have a great jab and combination punchers. However JMM can't and won't fight above 147 and Cotto has said he can't go down to 147 anymore. This fight would be great for the fans, networks, ppvs, and each other resumes.

Ruslan vs Canelo - Yes I know Ruslan fights at 140 and Canelo is at 154 however the size difference isn't that big. Ruslan is a strong stout 5'6 who could bulk to maybe 150ish range and Canelo could come in around 152. Obviously the fight won't happen at all but the action both fighters would bring would be great. Both are flat footed brawlers with Ruslan coming forward and Canelo power counter punching.

GGG vs Groves/Froch winner - Definitely a fight that could/can happen and would be huge in UK or Europe. GGG needs the big fights now because he isn't getting any younger. He's in his early 30's.

Ward vs Adonis - Enough with sitting on the sidelines. Ward needs to stay active and continue fighting instead of these wasted lawsuits against his promoter Goosen. Ward has been wanting the Jr Chavez money and win but that fight does nothing for him or the fans. Ward moving to 175 and unifiying the titles would be great for him and the sport. Ward vs Adonis/Hopkins winner than against Sergei are all great fights that could be made.

Comment on these matches, share some of yours, and please don't derail the thread. Thanks :icon_chee

Wanderlei4life vs White Boys

Wanderlei4life vs White Boys

whoa there seano you dont want to take him back to the young & dangerous days

i dont like your first two fights i think cotto would spark the current marquez, and canelo would hurt ruslan
but the last two imaginary fights sound really good to me

for my fantasy fights i would have wished that robiesy carranza and erislandy savon successfully defected from cuba
carranza vs yaegashi
they gave loma salido so why not give carranza yaegashi

savon vs anybody in the pros would be great he has almost just been playing around this year in the wsb and is the top fighter there i deally i would like to see him at light heavyweight but im not sure he could/ would like to make it down to 175 lb if he could though him vs any of the top lhws would be great but i feel like him vs adonis would be the most exciting. Stevens really could ko him in the first round but savon has the same chance i would be on the edge of my seat the whole fight

Kirkland vsFloyd-Yeah i want that fight.

The Crusher vs GGG- I have heard stories of GGG beating Crusher up in sparring, so lets see it in the ring for real..

Broner vs Gamboa

Kirkland vsFloyd-Yeah i want that fight.

The Crusher vs GGG- I have heard stories of GGG beating Crusher up in sparring, so lets see it in the ring for real..

Broner vs Gamboa

Gamboa vs Broner would be fun for sure.

Back