Grappling Shorts...comparison/Question

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by azizam77, Jan 24, 2006.

1. azizam77

azizam77 Guest

So my friend bought a pair of subfighter.com shorts at a tourney this weekend..

they are identical (minus logos etc) to my NOGI shorts...also compared them to the Hitman shorts..and they were the same feel, material, design...only differences were color and or logos/print...

am I missing something here or is Nogi making shorts for other people etc?

Confused...the reason I ask is that the subfighter shorts were going for 30/35 bux

while nogis go for 45 plus shipping.. thats about a 20-30% price difference ..

just want to know before i go and rush to buy a pair of shorts because they're cheaper...but hey ..10 bux is 10 bux!

2. Fozzy1

Fozzy1 Guest

interesting to see what jeremy says.

ttt

~Foz

3. azizam77

azizam77 Guest

Yeah I am pretty curious on this...I should clarify too that the shorts are identical makes...

Material, Pockets, closure, draw string, sizing, even the Made in the USA tag on the fly,,

Dont get me wrong I love the shorts..but the pricing is whats getting me...
    Also the pricing was confirmed from my buddy

Subfighter shorts: 35$
    Himtan Shorts : 40$
    NoGi Shorts : 45$

This is a pretty decent spread on price considering (unless I missed something) the shorts are pretty much the same

4. azizam77

azizam77 Guest

5. Ruxe

Ruxe Blue Belt

My mommy made my fighting shorts...no joke.

6. perfy

perfy Blue Belt

I believe Hitman makes all the shorts for the various companies. At least that's what I recall from postings on another mma board.

7. Nogi industries

Nogi industries Never Be Satisfied

We started getting our shorts through HITMAN. As well as NUMEROUS other MMA companies.
    The reason ours cost more is because of the embroidery.

HOWEVER :D

Our latest shipment is competely different. These new ones have an even beeter material, and there is a LOT more attention to detail. We are also curently ordering a new cut/design with a few extra bells and whistles.

And if you don't like 'em....100% Money Back Guarantee

8. WRoutson

WRoutson Purple Belt Professional Fighter

nogi has more sizes too than hitman,and the designs are alot cooler.

9. Nogi industries

Thank you sir

10. dog812

dog812 Yellow Belt

I had never seen a pair of NOGI shorts in person till Chris brennan's seminar this weekend. They were really great shorts.. well made, nice logos. He had the black competition ones on. I am deffinetly goin to have to pick them up...
    Also if anyone has a chance deffinetly check out one of Chris's seminars...It was awesome.. the guy is a submission wizard.

11. Foxx_MMA

Foxx_MMA Green Belt

I got a new pair of OE nogis but i love the white camo are the hitman sizes the same as nogi's i would assume so right

12. azizam77

azizam77 Guest

I guess the other thing is ...I am wanting a pair of Dark Green/Olive...Color shorts...like the sprawl shorts...but I hate sprawl because they dont fit me...they look like awesome shorts..but they never fit right..

the Nogis are definitely nice...just for my curiosity..NOGI INDUSTRIES...could you elaborate on some of the differences and bells/whistles? also..you said You started getting the shorts from Hitman..are you not any more?

Thanks!

13. scorcho

scorcho Brown Belt

What is the difference between the regular nogis and the compes?

14. Foxx_MMA

Foxx_MMA Green Belt

you dont even fit in the sprawls with the elastic waist band? what size do you wear?

15. Nogi industries

More logos :D

I'll bet it's the hip room

16. Hockeyfight

Hockeyfight Green Belt

I have the same problem with my sprawls, they seem to tight on the hips to do mid to high kicks or high guard work. So I just wear my sprawls as board shorts.

17. azizam77

azizam77 Guest

You got it...Its the hip room...I dont get it..Sprawls are great shorts..but the fitting is WAYY off...

I wear a 32 in NoGI...a 34 Sprawl fits perfect at the waist..but the hips are super tight..and forget trying to wear a cup...ok.. so go to 36...well with 36, the hips are ok, but the waist (even with the drawstring) is too big.. I can cinch it with the drawstring, but it bunches up in te front/back, and also the legs are too big ..its just the damn hip room!

So NOGi!! Whats the new bells and whistles??? I am dying to know what you have in store for us!

18. lunchbox88

lunchbox88 White Belt

I have the same problem with SPRAWLS as azizam77. 34 is good in the waist, hips are tight w/o the cup. I do ok with the 36 waist but it is a little big and I have to cinch the crap out of it. I ordered 34 in the nogi and I'm wondering if I'll need a 32...

19. copperhead

copperhead Purple Belt

NOGI

Do you have any recommendations on hemming the shorts? The inseam is said to be 11" on each size. I am 5'-8" on a good day so the shorts seem about 1 1/2" - 2" to long.

20. azizam77

azizam77 Guest

Lunchbox...I originally ordered a 34 Nogi...they fit ok..just a bit baggy...I went to a 32 ...they Fit perfectly...they run a bit long..(I'm 5'9"), but not too long...they're just about perfect