Grappling Shorts...comparison/Question

A

azizam77

So my friend bought a pair of subfighter.com shorts at a tourney this weekend..

they are identical (minus logos etc) to my NOGI shorts...also compared them to the Hitman shorts..and they were the same feel, material, design...only differences were color and or logos/print...

am I missing something here or is Nogi making shorts for other people etc?

Confused...the reason I ask is that the subfighter shorts were going for 30/35 bux

while nogis go for 45 plus shipping.. thats about a 20-30% price difference ..

just want to know before i go and rush to buy a pair of shorts because they're cheaper...but hey ..10 bux is 10 bux!

Yeah I am pretty curious on this...I should clarify too that the shorts are identical makes...

Material, Pockets, closure, draw string, sizing, even the Made in the USA tag on the fly,,

Dont get me wrong I love the shorts..but the pricing is whats getting me...
Also the pricing was confirmed from my buddy

Subfighter shorts: 35$
Himtan Shorts : 40$
NoGi Shorts : 45$

This is a pretty decent spread on price considering (unless I missed something) the shorts are pretty much the same

My mommy made my fighting shorts...no joke.

I believe Hitman makes all the shorts for the various companies. At least that's what I recall from postings on another mma board.

We started getting our shorts through HITMAN. As well as NUMEROUS other MMA companies.
The reason ours cost more is because of the embroidery.

HOWEVER :D

Our latest shipment is competely different. These new ones have an even beeter material, and there is a LOT more attention to detail. We are also curently ordering a new cut/design with a few extra bells and whistles.

And if you don't like 'em....100% Money Back Guarantee

nogi has more sizes too than hitman,and the designs are alot cooler.

I had never seen a pair of NOGI shorts in person till Chris brennan's seminar this weekend. They were really great shorts.. well made, nice logos. He had the black competition ones on. I am deffinetly goin to have to pick them up...
Also if anyone has a chance deffinetly check out one of Chris's seminars...It was awesome.. the guy is a submission wizard.

I got a new pair of OE nogis but i love the white camo are the hitman sizes the same as nogi's i would assume so right

I guess the other thing is ...I am wanting a pair of Dark Green/Olive...Color shorts...like the sprawl shorts...but I hate sprawl because they dont fit me...they look like awesome shorts..but they never fit right..

the Nogis are definitely nice...just for my curiosity..NOGI INDUSTRIES...could you elaborate on some of the differences and bells/whistles? also..you said You started getting the shorts from Hitman..are you not any more?

Thanks!

What is the difference between the regular nogis and the compes?

azizam77 said:
I guess the other thing is ...I am wanting a pair of Dark Green/Olive...Color shorts...like the sprawl shorts...but I hate sprawl because they dont fit me...they look like awesome shorts..but they never fit right..

the Nogis are definitely nice...just for my curiosity..NOGI INDUSTRIES...could you elaborate on some of the differences and bells/whistles? also..you said You started getting the shorts from Hitman..are you not any more?

Thanks!

you dont even fit in the sprawls with the elastic waist band? what size do you wear?

scorcho said:
What is the difference between the regular nogis and the compes?

More logos :D

Foxx_MMA said:
you dont even fit in the sprawls with the elastic waist band? what size do you wear?

I'll bet it's the hip room

I have the same problem with my sprawls, they seem to tight on the hips to do mid to high kicks or high guard work. So I just wear my sprawls as board shorts.

You got it...Its the hip room...I dont get it..Sprawls are great shorts..but the fitting is WAYY off...

I wear a 32 in NoGI...a 34 Sprawl fits perfect at the waist..but the hips are super tight..and forget trying to wear a cup...ok.. so go to 36...well with 36, the hips are ok, but the waist (even with the drawstring) is too big.. I can cinch it with the drawstring, but it bunches up in te front/back, and also the legs are too big ..its just the damn hip room!

So NOGi!! Whats the new bells and whistles??? I am dying to know what you have in store for us!

I have the same problem with SPRAWLS as azizam77. 34 is good in the waist, hips are tight w/o the cup. I do ok with the 36 waist but it is a little big and I have to cinch the crap out of it. I ordered 34 in the nogi and I'm wondering if I'll need a 32...

NOGI

Do you have any recommendations on hemming the shorts? The inseam is said to be 11" on each size. I am 5'-8" on a good day so the shorts seem about 1 1/2" - 2" to long.

Lunchbox...I originally ordered a 34 Nogi...they fit ok..just a bit baggy...I went to a 32 ...they Fit perfectly...they run a bit long..(I'm 5'9"), but not too long...they're just about perfect

Back