Grappling related acne?

flyingknee16

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've been getting some breakout of acne on my face, and I'm 19 . . . past puberty already. Is there any chance that this is related to grappling? These red spots itch and they're on my face. And it's not ringworm or molluscum.

Yeah it could be just make sure you take a shower right after you are done rolling or else you can get some nasty shit

I AM NOT A DOCTOR. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. SEEK PROFESSIONAL ADVICE!!!

Could be staph. Don't take antibiotics for it unless it threatens your health, because otherwise you could develop a infection of antibiotic-resistant staph! Make sure you shower and use antibacterial soap after every practice. That should clear it up enough for your immune system to take care of the rest.

I AM NOT A DOCTOR. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. SEEK PROFESSIONAL ADVICE!!!

ok don't listen to Frodo, he really is NOT a doctor. and instead of choosing something off an infomercial, this is what you can do instead.

Choose a good non-comodogenic soap. Cetaphil is a good brand. If you cannot shower at your facility, at least wash your face with this stuff. It doesn't leave any oils or fragrances on your face, and will help to get all that dirt and other misc stuff that's sticking to your face after rolling.

If the acne continues, then I recommend a low % benzoyl peroxide cream. Anything over 5% is too much and will instead dry out your skin. The "miracle cure" in proactive, believe it or not is actually 3.5% benzoyl peroxide. Neutrogena has a 2.5% cream called "On The Spot."

Wash your face with the non-comodogenic soap, and apply the benzoyl peroxide to your face. Once in the morning, and once at night before bed. I guarantee that it will clear up majorly in 3-4 days. If the peroxide is drying your face out, then get some facial lotion - oil free, preferably SPF15.

It should only cost an initial investment of $20 or so, and will help out a lot.

paulchu said:
ok don't listen to Frodo, he really is NOT a doctor. and instead of choosing something off an infomercial, this is what you can do instead.

Choose a good non-comodogenic soap. Cetaphil is a good brand. If you cannot shower at your facility, at least wash your face with this stuff. It doesn't leave any oils or fragrances on your face, and will help to get all that dirt and other misc stuff that's sticking to your face after rolling.

If the acne continues, then I recommend a low % benzoyl peroxide cream. Anything over 5% is too much and will instead dry out your skin. The "miracle cure" in proactive, believe it or not is actually 3.5% benzoyl peroxide. Neutrogena has a 2.5% cream called "On The Spot."

Wash your face with the non-comodogenic soap, and apply the benzoyl peroxide to your face. Once in the morning, and once at night before bed. I guarantee that it will clear up majorly in 3-4 days. If the peroxide is drying your face out, then get some facial lotion - oil free, preferably SPF15.

It should only cost an initial investment of $20 or so, and will help out a lot.

i use cetaphil in the morning and at night.

paulchu said:

Thanks for the info. I am not a doctor, and I was only suggesting a possible cause. Staph can definitely cause pimples as well as impetigo. It is one of those things you can catch on the mats (besides ringworm). However, I agree with you that clogged pores and dirty skin also causes pimples. I think the OP should make certain to take care of all options!

I recommend the Neutrogena acne prone skin formula face bar and the Neutrogena body wash. Both are Non-comedogenic, both help keep my face and back acne under control. Target has them both for real cheap, many times on sale for even cheaper. Always wash immediately after rolling. If you drive home and shower, thats cool. Just don't go to the store or get food or hang out on sherdog for a time before you clean up.

ive also noticed an acne outburst. im thinking its from grappling (i do bjj & h.s wrestling) but im not sure.

I've recently gotton a BAD outbreak on my neck and I never had acne as a teen well never before(im 18) so thank for the info.

bad news (not for me, but wrestlers in general)

there's like a nation wide problem right now, specifically with wrestlers and outbreaks of staph. according to my doctor, the staphs are getting more and more resistant and it's getting harder to kill them. moral of the story: be CLEAN!

my doctor said this doesn't look like staph, but i'm getting a culture test anyhow just to make sure. and she said cetaphil really helps, it's true.

^^^Staph Sucks^^^^

Wear underarmor is what I do now.

And I get crazy breakouts all the time...Its on my back tho. I got the ol Bacne, guess it could be from the juice tho = /. haha

staphylococcus aureus, staphylococcus epidermidis can cause boils and may be related to wrestling. But if they are on your face, its most likely acne (propionibacterium acne),

Back