Grappling Mag...still around?

JWebb

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I have a subscription to Grappling Magazine and I have not received my monthly issue for the past 2 months. Received the first 5 months just fine then all of a sudden nothing. I have tried to call the numbers for the company but they all say they are disconnected. Does anyone know if these guys are still around or is anyone having the same problem?

I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems. It's still around and I got last month's, but they really stink. Claimed they never got my first check, after three months of looking, phone calls, etc., they gave up and said send another check, I did, in the meantime they then found my first check sitting on someone's desk, took both checks and told me I had a two year subscription then instead of one year and couldn't get the money back. Then at the end of the first year, they told me my subscription was up, and when I called about the two check situation they said their computer showed I was refunded the money, which I never was, and I had to contact some other company for the money. Then I got another issue of the magazine anyway after that, and when I looked back at my back issues, where the subscription expiration is on the front, over the one year there's been three differenct subscription expiration dates that all seem just kind of random. Worst customer service I've ever gotten anywhere, and the magazine's kind of expensive too. Anyway, it's still the best magazine around imho, so I'm gonna keep putting up with it.

Sounds like those guys need to get their shiz together.

I've been waiting to buy the new one for a while now.

Shouldn't it have come out by now?

i get it at the end of every month from borderss.. I heard their subscription service suck balls..

Great issue this month. Pedro Sauer is on the cover and has a great article inside. Theres also part 1 of a series on the Spider guard, and a good q&a with some BJJ champions on the direction of the sport.

Sweet, can't wait for it to come out.

It is kinda pricey but it's the best mag out there IMO.

I had a subscription for a year and it was pretty sketchy... I just pick it up at the supermarket now. Good luck to the OP getting his last 2 issues.

its' pricey and i don't want to read about a mma event that happened 3-4 months ago.

I was planning to subscribe, but from the stories from u guys, i will just buy it at magazine newstands. Even though some of the fight stories are 3-4 months old, i like the grappling techniques they put in every issues.

loui_ludwig said:
I was planning to subscribe, but from the stories from u guys, i will just buy it at magazine newstands. Even though some of the fight stories are 3-4 months old, i like the grappling techniques they put in every issues.

I'm convinced, too. I'll just stick to picking it up at Borders.

I like having it for the bjj and the tournament coverage. It's nice to read during lunch at work, or whenever I'm expecting to have to wait in line someplace ...

wOg said:
I'm convinced, too. I'll just stick to picking it up at Borders.

I like having it for the bjj and the tournament coverage. It's nice to read during lunch at work, or whenever I'm expecting to have to wait in line someplace ...

Same here but I get mine at Books A Million, man I love that place! I like the JJ interviews! Cant wait to read Proffessor Sauers (I train at an affiliate school) interview. I also like Bodyguard and buy it monthly, anyone know if they have bad service also?

And I was planning on eventually subscribing to Grappling... Not going to now (although I will still get one monthly)

I hope in the future, Grappling Mag will give more attention to other grappling arts like catch wrestling, judo, and russian sambo.

loui_ludwig said:
I hope in the future, Grappling Mag will give more attention to other grappling arts like catch wrestling, judo, and russian sambo.
they will cover whatever makes them money

I had a subscription, but I'd see it on the newsytands before my copy would arrive. THat really pissed me off.

Wow. Suprised to here the negativity. I have subscribed for three years and had only one issue. One month, my issue did not come on time so I called to complain, the lady at there customer service number was an absolut bitch. Other thas that, I have never had any problem at all.

yeah pick up the latest copy... They list the top 10 teachers in BJJ right now...

Im happy to say my coach is on there as well.

newstand is the way to go
it usually arrives between the 2nd and 6th every month

Back