News Gradus Kraus, son of Albert Kraus, defeats two-time Olympic gold medalist on route to 2024 Olympics

Does Gradus Kraus have what it takes to surpass his father Albert Kraus?

• Total voters
Not trying to be a downer, but i see more i don't like than do. That hook to the body and then step back with hands down is a huge red flag, as is his tendency to try to avoid punches by tilting his head back leaving his chin up in the air. Like i said, move to the US and train full-time with an established gym/trainer.
If Im being realistic they need to get him into an elite boxing gym in an Anglo country
Yeah Gradus obviously has his flaws and things to work on (and if he doesn’t, he’ll find out the hard way), but he’s still learning and these “habits” showed against a highly accomplished Cuban boxer in Arlen López.
At the end of the day Kraus can only get better and improve from a hard fight like that, and he still ended up getting the W so props to him.

Also I agree that he should train overseas more regularly, preferably in the US like @Nova44 said.
I know Gradus quit his job as plasterer to focus on boxing full-time and train more consistently in the UK with Peter Fury, so that's a good thing and a step in the right direction imo

Also, Gradus Kraus made an appearance in the fifth episode of GLORY Kickboxing’s reality-show “House of Glory”.

He was present at Dennis Krauweel’s Superpro Sportcenter (therefore his link with the Fury family) to coach the fighters from “Team Rico” (who also trains there), and especially to work with / prepare the 18-years-old Figuereido Landman, who defeated Andy Ristie later that week (and btw will fight on the undercard of GLORY Collision 6: Rico Verhoeven vs Tariq Osaro, this Saturday).

I wonder how Gradus Kraus would’ve done had he participated in House of GLORY himself (and potentially end up in GLORY Kickboxing).
He obviously has the kickboxing background and environment he lives in, and now he also has quite the boxing experience to fall back on and use if needed!:)

Anyways, here’re some pics of Gradus Kraus in House of GLORY:

upload_2023-11-2_1-55-3.jpeg
upload_2023-11-2_1-55-20.jpeg
upload_2023-11-2_1-55-39.jpeg
upload_2023-11-2_1-55-56.jpeg
upload_2023-11-2_1-56-16.jpeg
upload_2023-11-2_1-56-42.jpeg
upload_2023-11-2_1-57-1.jpeg
upload_2023-11-2_1-57-23.jpeg

Cooll, I didn’t know there was a K-1 only forum. Does it still exist?
No, the home page is still accessible, but the forum has been dead for years. I'm pretty sure that the site itself hasn't been updated by the admin since yearly 2008.

Dat reach advantage, tho.
FxQVx8K.png

awesome
love the idea of that legacy from the good old K1 max days carrying on.

plus he has some legit experience.

can't believe I am hyped about a Dutch boxing prospect seems like something I haven't heard of in maybe ever...

No, the home page is still accessible, but the forum has been dead for years. I'm pretty sure that the site itself hasn't been updated by the admin since yearly 2008.
It's long gone, but you can peer into the past with the wayback machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060210144436/http://www.k-1fans.com/forum/

A lot of pro fighters used to post there. It was also one of the few ways to actually follow the sport back then, before YouTube. You had to download videos that were uploaded there after the events.
Nice, thanks!!

No, but the IOC is considering removing boxing from the games as early as 2028. The issue is the IBA's corruption, even the IOC doesn't want to deal with them

BTW kickboxing (wako) and muay thai (ifma) didn't get approved for the 2028 games.:(
Jup, that really sucks, we really had to settle for sports like cricket and squash..

hehe nice - the whole family got the Kraus pout on

krauses.png

Back