Gracie Barra or ATT?

la vengeance

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to probably be making a move to Orlando pretty soon and I was wondering if any of you guys have experience with Gracie Barra Orlando or ATT Orlando...?

Or maybe any other good MMA gyms you recommend...I'm not sure which one I want to go with.

I'll be training at Big Nog and Anderson Silva's place down in Miami over summer and wanted to continue up in Orlando.

Thanks guys.

Gracie Orlando not Gracie Barra. This is apart of the Official Royce Gracie Fighting Network which include other Florida BJJ centers like Gracie Ocala, Tampa, and i think Miami has one too. I should be going there this summer.
www.gracieorlando.com

My first choice was gracie barra but i have heard mixed reviews from them because one of the instructors is a dick and puts down the students if they arent doing something right. It might just be me but i am not willing to pay someone to yell at me, I can motivate myself.

I would say ATT. Although i have no experience with a Gracie Barra school, but i hae been training at Gracie Miami, and the only stand up u learn is takedowns and clinching. I'm switching to ATT they teach lots of stand up.

Gracie Orlando not Gracie Barra. This is apart of the Official Royce Gracie Fighting Network which include other Florida BJJ centers like Gracie Ocala, Tampa, and i think Miami has one too. I should be going there this summer.
www.gracieorlando.com

My first choice was gracie barra but i have heard mixed reviews from them because one of the instructors is a dick and puts down the students if they arent doing something right. It might just be me but i am not willing to pay someone to yell at me, I can motivate myself.

I've never trained there, but this is the same story i've heard over and over about that school. They also haven't had a muay thai instructor for some time.

I've trained at ATT for awhile and maybe i'm a little bias, but i think its the best MMA school in orlando. Take some free classes and see which one you like. Either way, ATT and Gracie Barra are the only 'real' options in orlando.

Hi, I'm going to probably be making a move to Orlando pretty soon and I was wondering if any of you guys have experience with Gracie Barra Orlando or ATT Orlando...?

Or maybe any other good MMA gyms you recommend...I'm not sure which one I want to go with.

I'll be training at Big Nog and Anderson Silva's place down in Miami over summer and wanted to continue up in Orlando.

Thanks guys.

I trained at GBO for about 2 years and did both BJJ and Muay Thai there...

I now train at ATT Orlando...and absolutely love it. I have nothing bad to say about GBO, but I will say that I enjoy being at ATT Orlando more................

That said, as someone said above, they don't really have a Muay Thai program at GBO right now b/c the teacher left and is now at ATT Orlando; then their replacement Muay Thai instructor just picked up and left not too long ago after only a couple months of training....so if you're looking for the best Muay Thai in FL...then come on over to ATT (not to mention a great MMA/BJJ/Sub Grappling program with some of the best instructors around).

ATT would be a better choice to me

I wonder which school I recommend? We are the only school that has full time instructors that have actually fought in the UFC and truly know MMA. Plus Ben Saunders, one of our MMA full time coaches is the only fighter in Orlando under contract with the UFC. Plus plus Bobby Robare is the most respected Muay Thai instructor in central Florida. I know I'm biased, so I recommend you try out classes in all the schools in the area so you can see which is best for you. You want to invest your money, and more importantly you TIME wisely.

Other BJJ or MMA schools in Orlando:

Gracie Barra, Gracie Orlando, Team Nogueira, Kokopelli's and the American Combat Club. There are also several traditional martial arts schools that claim to teach MMA!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back