Gracie Barra now in North Vancouver!

kaboom187

be aggressive.
Reaction score
I'm happy to announce that there is finally a jiu-jitsu club in North Vancouver, BC.

This is a great opportunity for everyone in that community to get an opportunity to train with two very talented instructors. My friends Marc Marins (Gracie Barra BB under Feitosa, and Judo brown belt) and Jeff Meszaros (GB Brown belt, and Judo brown belt) are finally opening a club!

Gracie Barra Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes are offered at North Shore Aikido at 121 East 1st Street, just a few blocks from the Lonsdale Seabus terminal in North Vancouver. The club is beautifully equipped with 1400 square feet of traditional Japanese tatame mats along with separate changing rooms and plenty of free parking! Come check it out, but please check your hat, shoes, cell phone and attitude at the door!

Classes are held Monday and Wednesday nights from 730-9pm, and on Sunday from 1-230pm.

More information @ http://www.northvanbjj.com

First class is free!

Sounds cool. Too bad I don't live in VC or I'd come check it out.

How much are classes? Do you have a competition team and are they going to be at Submission Series?

The club is just starting up, so things like fees are not yet confirmed. The club will cater to those who wish to compete and those who wish to just train for fun as well. You can assume that after a while they will have many members competing.

I suggest you go check it out, Jeff and Marc are great instructors and great competitors.

ya, I'll be in van for submission series and I will make some time to go check it out.

Nice!

Next time in Vancouver, I'll come by and check it out.

thank God, I'm moving there soon and I was scared I wouldn't have anywhere to train

Nice!

Next time in Vancouver, I'll come by and check it out.

BC is getting some great clubs now. We have 3 Carlson Gracie team affliates (Through Marcus Soares), a Machado school or two, now a GB school. It will only increase the level of BJJ in BC.

Well this isn't the first GB school in BC.

Theres the main GB on Broadway.

Affiliates @ the 2 Revolution schools, and at Suitela's in Surrey.

But yes, BC is slowly becoming a BJJ hotbed.

BC is getting some great clubs now. We have 3 Carlson Gracie team affliates (Through Marcus Soares), a Machado school or two, now a GB school. It will only increase the level of BJJ in BC.

Mario Deveault also teaches up in Shuswap, BC. There is also smaller club that is affiliated with Mario around there too. I think its in Kelowna. So you could say there is 6 or 7 different places to train Gracie Barra BJJ alone in BC.

True, i was too focused on just the lower mainland. Mario has an excellent club up there!

What about Sterling's? I'm obviously biased here, but we do pretty goods at Tiger Balm, Western Canadians and the like. We tied for third in the team cup at the first Grapplers Inc and we only had 9 guys! (the team we tied was zuma and they had like 20.)

It's all off the topic here, which is the new GB club, but RDC JIu Jitsu has a great team aswell.

p.s. Don't forget West Coast BJJ in maple Ridge, and Team Megaton!

Mario Deveault also teaches up in Shuswap, BC. There is also smaller club that is affiliated with Mario around there too. I think its in Kelowna. So you could say there is 6 or 7 different places to train Gracie Barra BJJ alone in BC.

Are you talking about sterlings club RDC in Kelonwa? if so its not its not affilated with mario or Gracie Barra at all, its affilated with marc laimon's cobra kai in las vegas.

Hey guys, thanks for the props!
Undisputed is correct, I don't have any affiliate in Kelowna and yes Sterling and his crew always represent well at tournies!

I can tell that it's cool to see all the fine BJJ clubs people have to chose from these days, true sign that the sport has grown so much!

As of Oct 6th I will also be teaching at the Vernon Boxing Club, we have it 2x times a week but I'm sure we will add another day shortly after Christmas if all goes well.

Take care guys.

Mario

Back