Gracie Barra Dvd's question

Greg Santana

White Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone ever watched BJJ Sweeps DVD by Flavio Almeida???

or any of the Marcio Feitosa's Gracie Barra Fundamentals Curriculum DVD's????

just curious im interested in looking to buy them and was looking for some reviews

I have seen the GB Fundamentals Curriculum DVD. On the whole I liked it. It's a bit weirdly organised - IIRC it's dived into 16 weeks and 2 sets of lessons per week, each consisting of three techniques, with each section starting with a self defence technique that is usually some sort of throw off a punch or headlock (sometimes followed up with a submission or other ground technique), and then two ground techniques. It also repeats some material; eg the guard passing week pops up twice IIRC, with exactly the same techniques shown each time. Even so I think it's a great reference for basic techniques, and it's well put together. I'm not sure if it's necessarily better than the two other beginners DVDs I've seen (Roy Dean's and Stephan Kesting's), but it's IMO it's better value for money (much longer than Dean's at a similar price, even with the repetition, and much cheaper than Kesting's). I plan on getting the Advanced series.

Back