Gracie barra Boston or btt Boston

Ghostdogg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about either of these gyms as my gym might close and I might need another school.

Gracie Barra Boston is awesome. Don't know the other one.

I don't know anything about ATT Boston, but I do know about GB Boston. I have trained there for five years and I highly recommend it to anyone. It is owned by Roberto Maia who is a 4th Degree Black Belt under Carlos Gracie Jr. The school teaches gi and no gi and has classes seven days per week. Instruction is excellent and is taught by Roberto and several of his excellent black belts. The instructors and students are friendly and always willing to help you with a technique.

Here is a write up from the website:

GBB Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy was founded in 1995 by Professor Roberto Maia. Roberto received his rank directly from his cousin Master Carlos Gracie Jr. in 1986. Since opening his school he has been committed to providing the best training environment, and instruction for his students. With over 30 black belts, and 12 affiliate schools he has created one of the largest support networks in the Northeast area.

At GB Boston Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu you can learn all ranges, and styles of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu depending what you choose. If you are interested in actual fighting or street situations you can try the no-gi, and MMA or Mixed Martial Arts class, if you are interested in sport and tournaments you can try the tournament training classes, or alternatively if you just want to learn BJJ and have fun you can attend regular classes and learn a mix of techniques. No matter what you choose, your BJJ training will provide you with a level of confidence that will be present in and outside of class.

Gracie Barra Boston Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is proud to feature a large state-of-the-art training facility with an area of approximately 3600 square feet. This space includes changing rooms, bathrooms, waiting areas, and a 1600 sq. ft. vinyl covered, matted area used for training. Ample parking is available around the academy.

Anyone know anything about either of these gyms as my gym might close and I might need another school.

GB Boston (Boston Brzillian Jiu Jitsu) is a good legit school.
You should also check out Florian Martial Arts Center in Brookline.

Try a couple places out see which you enjoy the most, after all your will be spending a lot of time with this group of people hopefully for years to come.

I have been going to Florian's for over a year and love it, good instruction and a great group of people. Let me know if I can answer any questions about Florian's for you.

BTT Boston? I know that Wai Kru used to be BTT Boston but they broke off at least a few years ago. Great place to train though, very high quality.

GB Boston is also very good. Roberto Maia was Kenny Florian's bjj instructor.

Back