Social Governor General's Office Apologies for Presenting Highest Civilian Award to Nazi Soldier in 1987

So being a literal Nazi isn’t a big deal anymore?

Interesting

I don't think you guys understand. The Nazi's were a government. Every German citizen and foreign soldier that was conscripted by the German government were by definition "Nazis". Trying to demonize and paint everyone who fought under or alongside the German government as "Nazis" or little Hitlers is just mindnumbingly stupid.

This happened in 1987? If so, I don’t know how it has to do with Trudeau.

I don't think you guys understand. The Nazi's were a government. Every German citizen and foreign soldier that was conscripted by the German government were by definition "Nazis". Trying to demonize and paint everyone who fought under or alongside the German government as "Nazis" or little Hitlers is just mindnumbingly stupid.

So how do you discern the "real" Nazis from the "fake" Nazis?

Germany fucked up, bro. While your sentiment isn't without merit, it really doesn't matter in the annals of history. Germany was controlled by the Nazi Party. Their soldiers were Nazis, who did their bidding. No take backs.

So how do you discern the "real" Nazis from the "fake" Nazis?

Germany fucked up, bro. While your sentiment isn't without merit, it really doesn't matter in the annals of history. Germany was controlled by the Nazi Party. Their soldiers were Nazis, who did their bidding. No take backs.

You mean it doesn't matter in your narrative about history and its purpose in scoring cheap political points in 2023. But when it comes to actual truth and reality of history its a pretty big aspect to this whole thing. Most Axis soliders were just regular people who had no desire for world conquest and mass murder. Same with Allied soliders.

I never see any of you address the fact that Americans fought alongside Bolsheviks in that same war who were actually worse than the Nazis. I never see you guys address the atrocities and mass slaughter Americans committed in that same war. Or how we helped pave the way for Communism to kill tens of millions of people. Or how America smuggled Nazi leaders into the country after the war and gave them jobs. And on and on I could go.

The reason you never address it is because it doesn't fit the narrative you guys use to score cheap political points. Its mind numbing.

You mean it doesn't matter in your narrative about history and its purpose in scoring cheap political points in 2023. But when it comes to actual truth and reality of history its a pretty big aspect to this whole thing. Most Axis soliders were just regular people who had no desire for world conquest and mass murder. Same with Allied soliders.

That's all well and good, but the losers don't write the history books. Again, enlighten us all on how you can tell the difference between a real Nazi and a not so real Nazi, when both fought for the Nazis. If you can't do that, then you're basically arguing that outside of the heads of Nazi party, everyone else gets a pass for "just following orders".

I'm not saying you're entirely wrong, BTW. I'm saying your position isn't one that can be proven, and just becomes pissing in the wind guess work. What we have are people who fought for the Nazis, and those who didn't. There's no time machine to prove who were the decent Nazis. It is what it is.

I'm also well aware that there are very few "good guys" in a war, including the Americans, and it's all very complex, but again, the losers don't write the history books.

Back