Gotta Give Marquardt Some Credit

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
A lot of people are blasting his loser performance last night, but doing so really diminishes the fact that Tarec really fought a great performance last night. Furthermore, while Melendez and Rokhold faked injuries to ensure their spots in the UFC with pricey purses and good fights, Marquardt stepped up to take a fight against a good fighter. And honestly he was basically the only favored fighter last night to take a fight against an opponent with potential to beat him (save KJ Noons and Ryan Couture).

I love Nate the Great ! You have to hand it to Tarec for follwing his gameplan to a tee last night. Great job ! However, I honestly believe that Nate would stomp all over Tarec in a rematch and look forward to it when they both go to the UFC.

History has shown time and time again, whenever nate is put in a big meaningful fight, he will let his camp pressure him into fighting a safety first fight ending in a loss. This happens almost every single time and should not be a surprise to anybody on his performance last night.

Nate choked...again. I'm not taking anything away from Tarec (I was actually rooting for him). I'm not even saying Nate's A-game would have won him that fight, but Nate is known for wilting and he did that again last night.

Its frustrating to watch because the guy is crazy skilled.

I love how people believe that professional fighters can just tell their bosses they're injured and have it be accepted without them being checked out by doctors.

Nate choked...again. I'm not taking anything away from Tarec (I was actually rooting for him). I'm not even saying Nate's A-game would have won him that fight, but Nate is known for wilting and he did that again last night.

Its frustrating to watch because the guy is crazy skilled.
He choked against woodley?

I love how people believe that professional fighters can just tell their bosses they're injured and have it be accepted without them being checked out by doctors.

They can't, but getting a doctors note is just about as easy as it comes. Kids get out of P.E. every year for stupid reasons. People get marijuanna prescriptions for just about every ailment.

TS, how do you know Melendez and Rockhold had fake injuries?

Oh that's right, you don't..

TS, how do you know Melendez and Rockhold had fake injuries?

Oh that's right, you don't..

I know it in my bones!

Anyway, Marquardt could have faked injury and we could be asking the same thing about him right now. How would we know? But he didn't.

He absolutely shit the bed last night. Was definitely a winnable fight for him.

i love the missed trolling attempt.

"...while Melendez and Rokhold faked injuries to ensure their spots in the UFC..."

He choked against woodley?

Nope. He didn't choke against Wilson Gouveia either....

I'm not making this up and I'm not trying to disparage Nate. I'm just making a very keen observation. Nate has even been working with a sports psychologist for this very reason.

It seems that when Nate has the pressure off, he performs great. When the pressure is on, he seems to choke more often than not.

I couldnt believe Marquardt lost when I looked at the results today. Mindblowing. van1ty was spot-on, he called Saffiedine as a real live underdog and was right, bet he won a nice bit of bank there!

Nate drops the ball whenever it matters, I dislike him so I enjoy it!

It seems that when Nate has the pressure off, he performs great. When the pressure is on, he seems to choke more often than not.

Nah, he just gets a hype train going when he wins. Like seriously, he beat Tyrone Woodley, a guy who was never a top 10 WW, a guy who may be the biggest blanket in mma, and has below average quality striking, and he nearly knocked Marquart the fuck out. People have short and selective memories. All they remembered was him brutally finishing Woodley, and then based off their short and selective memory they declare him as a new monster contender at WW. Styles always make fights, and Saffiedine always was going to be a difficult stylistic match up for Nate. Nate did buy into his own hype calling for a title shot, and looked passed Saffiedine, but to say its because he chokes under pressure implies things would be different in a rematch, and I don't think things would be any different. Nate came in shape,made weight, and attempted to do everything he could do, Saffiedine just had an answer for everything he tried.

Back