Got my azz kicked by an Awesome Purple yesterday

davejitsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Just wanted to pay props to Fernando Cabeca Purple belt
Matheus Dias. The guy has some sick jiu-jitsu and really did awesome in the Absolute Division. It was zero-zero half way through the match, when I made a stupid mistake and gave him my arm, while trying to pass his Spider Guard. Anyways...much respect bro!

pabjjfmarch2008044vf7.jpg

Congrats! What tournament is this? Which one is you?

I'm in the Blue (took second in the Absolute). L to R is me, Matheus Dias (Cabeca), Kevin Wind Jr. (Kioto) & in the front Black belt Fernando Cabeca. It was the PABJJF Championships in Scranton, Pa.

OMG, so I was making fun of this guy? Please, don't come and hurt me, please, please, plaeaseeee... :icon_cry2
BTW, is your belt an A7?

Wow that little guy did well coming 3rd in absolute..
Congrats dude!

OMG, so I was making fun of this guy? Please, don't come and hurt me, please, please, plaeaseeee... :icon_cry2
BTW, is your belt an A7?
haha..no its an A5..I know I'm getting out of shape since hitting my mid thirties, I hear it everyday from my BB instructor. Both of those guys have Pan Am medals, so they definately had good talent there & both are great guys to talk to

haha..no its an A5..I know I'm getting out of shape since hitting my mid thirties, I hear it everyday from my BB instructor. Both of those guys have Pan Am medals, so they definately had good talent there & both are great guys to talk to

Now you're making me feel bad for being a lazy 30-something.

btw...funny as hell at Tudor for remembering that other thread. That was comedy gold.

your skills are 100% probably better than mine im not bashing you in paticular

but i hate the absolute division for the fact that there is always a guy who places because hes like 275lbs

alot of time it comes down to now who is the best but who is maybe just as good but bigger

your skills are 100% probably better than mine im not bashing you in paticular

but i hate the absolute division for the fact that there is always a guy who places because hes like 275lbs

alot of time it comes down to now who is the best but who is maybe just as good but bigger

I think that this is true in the white and blue belts, but not in the higher belts. I know that my skills speak for themself and I am not a lay and pray guy. I work from any position, especially off my back. That is what has allowed me to do well in events, b/c most big guys use strength and tire out... but in the purple belt division (so far) techniques definately wins out

Not to mention, I should be competing against older guys, but that was in the adults division, so those guys have more speed than I do

Back