Got a little Question that needs to be answered

itsme

White Belt
Reaction score
ok i got a question, im trying to lose fat. say i run a mile or 2, should i eat after im done? because ive read two sides to this, some say not to eat for an hour after running, and some say to eat right after i run, so whats the real answer? And ya im still a noob

eat something. My rule is if you just worked out, you need to eat. My other rule is, don't jog. if you want cardio: SPRINT!

Go ahead and eat. It's eating immediately before from which you should abstain.

You should also go longer than 1-2 miles if you're trying to lose weight.

Madmick said:
You should also go longer than 1-2 miles if you're trying to lose weight.
Don't encourage this aerobic garbage... SPRINTS! SPRINTS I TELL YOU!

Urban said:
You don't realize I lose sleep at night over this type of thing. In my nightmares, wave after wave of innocent child with 12 minute miles is sent across a radioactive playground and into a tunnel with the lettering "Tabata" over the entrance.

ok, well what would happen if i dont eat, would the results come slower or quicker but then gain the fat back faster. Longer than 1-2 miles? ahhh! lol well what if i said i ran it everyday, would it change anything? i also do boxing/kickboxing and some bjj at home with friends nowhere to the point of competing though, just for fun.

oh ya and about the eating right before running, i usually run a couple hours after breakfast, is that ok?

Ideally, you want to do cardio before breakfast. Something about being in a fasting state, etc. that supposedly improves fat loss from exercise. You eat afterwards to aid in muscle recovery from exercise. Also, if you don't eat frequently enough(ie every 2-3 waking hours), your metabolism will slow.

o so what your saying is that wake up, do my cardio, and then eat breakfast right after im done?

itsme said:
o so what your saying is that wake up, do my cardio, and then eat breakfast right after im done?

You are correct, Sir! And breakfast should consist of some source of protein. You'll need it to aid in muscle recovery.

Flounder said:
Ideally, you want to do cardio before breakfast. Something about being in a fasting state, etc. that supposedly improves fat loss from exercise. You eat afterwards to aid in muscle recovery from exercise. Also, if you don't eat frequently enough(ie every 2-3 waking hours), your metabolism will slow.
bullshit. Fasting before cardio does nothing.

Remember, its strictly running, no weights. what should i do to get the best and quickest results?

Why strictly running?? The best results will come from a heavier emphasis on lifting with some cardio sprinkled in for good measure. In addition, if you are trying to lose fat, you need to keep your heart rate around 70% of its peak rate. Your exercise regimen is of course completely meaningless if you are still eating a Big Mac after your workout.

why strictly running? because i am already at the size i want, i dont want to get bigger, i just want to lose some of the fat over my muscle, because for about 2 years now, i been lifting alot just not been doing much cardio, and if i did do it, i wasnt doing right, so i just want to lose the fat and see the muscle i been working for, and no i dont eat no big mac period.

Urban said:

I agree on the sprints, but you need to establish how overweight he is.
If its too much the boy needs to start off slowly and build up, getting to a sub 7 min mile for 3 or so miles for a good aerobic base then start on the heavier sprinting.

IMO anyway

Urban said:
bullshit. Fasting before cardio does nothing.

I concede that you're more knowledgeable then me, but I've always had my best weight loss results when I did cardio in the am prior to breakfast. Also, everything I've ever read has preached this. I figure it can't hurt.

no it can't hurt, but it's not any more beneficial from what I read.

Back