Goriest MMA event ever?

Seven30

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've been looking at a lot of photos from UFC 155 & I noticed that sh*t got UGLY on that card. Between J-Lau's head turning into a sieve, Boetsch's gash & the transformation that Cain gave JDS before our very eyes, I'd say there were some pretty brutal moments. Junior walked in the cage looking like JDS. He left looking like Bigfoot Silva. J-Lau lost so much blood that he was a Flyweight by the end of the fight. Not a "Just Bleed" guy by a long shot, but recalling the event got me to wondering what was the bloodiest/goriest/most brutal MMA card that you can think of? Collectively speaking, of course....

UFC 155 is definitely up there, alot of nasty "transformations" on that card.

UFC:Fight for Toops
Corey Hill broken leg, Razak Al Hassan arm hyper extended, Yoshiyuki Yoshida devastatingly KO'd. Maybe forgetting some other stuff..

Just looked it up and also Brandon Wolff had some nasty swelling from Ben Saunder's knees.

Jlau was definetly the bloodiest fight I've seen since I started watching MMA

A lot worse than Bigfoot, Randy, Stevenson and Sanchez

UFC:Fight for Toops 2
Corey Hill broken leg, Razak Al Hassan arm hyper extended, Yoshiyuki Yoshida devastatingly KO'd. Maybe forgetting some other stuff..

Agree. The most brutal card I've seen. Won't cringe with that again.

Just looked it up and also Brandon Wolff had some nasty swelling from Ben Saunder's knees.

FUUUUUUU*K!!!! I buried the memory of that card & you just jarred it loose....lol. OMG, that was a BRUTAL card!!!! HORRIFIC!!!

I was saying the same thing as the fight kept going & the blood kept pouring....that was baaaaaad.

When I saw Corey Hill broke his leg, I almost ate my fingers along with my hand.

wasnt there also a broken nose. the noodle leg alone gave me nightmares

I think the dullness of the rest of the card brought it down a few notches.

No way, Stevenson was so bad, but so was bigfoot, it happened in the first couple seconds of the first round.

Cain had that cut spewing blood everywhere. The ring was plastered in blood in the first minute, no way it was not the bloodiest. What if the fight went on for 3 rounds? It would have to have been stopped from sheer blood loss, literally or else bigfoot would have bled to death!

I don't get it, Bigfoot would have been worse if the fight had gone on but it ended so quick so there was no way it was as bad as JLau consistently bleeding for 3 rounds

I've been looking at a lot of photos from UFC 155 & I noticed that sh*t got UGLY on that card. Between J-Lau's head turning into a sieve, Boetsch's gash & the transformation that Cain gave JDS before our very eyes, I'd say there were some pretty brutal moments. Junior walked in the cage looking like JDS. He left looking like Bigfoot Silva. J-Lau lost so much blood that he was a Flyweight by the end of the fight. Not a "Just Bleed" guy by a long shot, but recalling the event got me to wondering what was the bloodiest/goriest/most brutal MMA card that you can think of? Collectively speaking, of course....

Yeah, UFC 155 was definitely up there, but UFC 33 was pretty gory too

This right here. Bodies mangled and a man so unconscious he's seemingly dead and the troops didn't even have to be in combat to see it.

A random side note, but I wonder why Hill was cut from the UFC after that fight. Not sure what his contract said, but I feel it's pretty f'd up to cut a guy for a "loss" after he breaks his leg kicking somebody. I haven't seen the fight in a while, so I don't recall if he was doing well in it, but still, I find it hard to call that a two fight skid based on the broken leg. I'm surprised he didn't get one more shot, regardless of the fact that he hasn't done well since.

430866_10151329922753570_1675977760_n.jpg

Yeah it had a unusually high amount of injuries. Not the goriest but, definitely the most brutal.

You think he was worse then Stevenson?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back