• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gordon Ryan vs Felipe Pena

It's about four or five years late but at least it's happening.

They're both different grapplers now, and for Pena that's not necessarily for the better. Although it would be hilarious if Pena once again won with the exact same leg ride counterattack he did the first two times, i think Gordon takes it.

It's about four or five years late but at least it's happening.

They're both different grapplers now, and for Pena that's not necessarily for the better. Although it would be hilarious if Pena once again won with the exact same leg ride counterattack he did the first two times, i think Gordon takes it.

If Peña wins this time then it would remind me of how Dennis Hallman beat Matt Hughes twice. It’s like Matt Hughes was a beast and beat most people but Dennis Hallman just had his number.

I had no idea it was happening again. Stylistically, I have more in common with Ryan, as leglocks are my thing and I love the butterfly but I'm definitely rooting for Pena.

Felipe is 3-0 with that presser now.

Yeah its hilarious how calm and composed Pena was but Gordon was this nervous stuttering mess. I dint know if his hand was really shaking like Pena said but judging but how tense and nervous Gordon looked and sounded I wouldn't doubt it.

as much as it irks me, i'm pretty sure ryan will get him this time. he just seems like he's reached a whole different level now.

i'll be rooting for pena, though. it would be hilarious if he could take his back again and choke him out.

btw, did i misunderstand gordon, or did he fuck up? he said he wants to do a gi match with 10 to 1 odds, but he said "you put up a 100k and i put up 10"... which would imply felipe is the heavy favorite in gi, right? i don't think that's what he wanted to say, lol.

as much as it irks me, i'm pretty sure ryan will get him this time. he just seems like he's reached a whole different level now.

i'll be rooting for pena, though. it would be hilarious if he could take his back again and choke him out.

btw, did i misunderstand gordon, or did he fuck up? he said he wants to do a gi match with 10 to 1 odds, but he said "you put up a 100k and i put up 10"... which would imply felipe is the heavy favorite in gi, right? i don't think that's what he wanted to say, lol.
Why wouldn't he mean that? Felipe is the favorite in the gi. That's obvious. He is telling Felipe if he wants a gi match so damn bad (with a guy who doesn't train in the gi ) Then HE will have to put his money where his mouth is and give Gordon the ridiculous odds that Gordon was nice enough and confident enough to give Felipe for this match.

Why wouldn't he mean that? Felipe is the favorite in the gi. That's obvious. He is telling Felipe if he wants a gi match so damn bad (with a guy who doesn't train in the gi ) Then HE will have to put his money where his mouth is and give Gordon the ridiculous odds that Gordon was nice enough and confident enough to give Felipe for this match.
i guess i see it differently. gordon is trying to spin this like felipe is scared for not betting literally 10 times as much as him on a grappling match. they're ridiculous odds.

if you want to shut someone up, you give them odds in their favor, not yours... especially something as outrageous as 10 to 1.

and i don't see how felipe wants the gi match so damn bad, considering he already faced gordon in a no time limit match the first time, then under adcc rules the second time, and is now facing him in a no time limit match again. that's 3 matches, all under rules that favor ryan. and the context of the "challenge" was pena mocking ryan for claiming he's going to be the greatest of all time in nogi, gi, and then mma... then later pretending he never said any of that.

but fuck it, i don't want to get dragged into a discussion about BJJ drama. i think gordon ryan is an obnoxious prick, i think he behaves and argues like an arrogant adolescent boy, so i'm clearly pretty biased when it comes to anything related to him. i do think he'll win this, though.

Gordon smash I think, he's just a totally different beast compared with their precedent matches. That said I'll root for Pena anyway, even though I really don't see it happening I'd love so much for Felipe to beat him.

By the way the press conference was hilarious and I agree Pena easily had the upper hand. When he said he likes him cause he's his baby in that total unironic tone.. comedy material lol

Last edited:
i guess i see it differently. gordon is trying to spin this like felipe is scared for not betting literally 10 times as much as him on a grappling match. they're ridiculous odds.

if you want to shut someone up, you give them odds in their favor, not yours... especially something as outrageous as 10 to 1.

and i don't see how felipe wants the gi match so damn bad, considering he already faced gordon in a no time limit match the first time, then under adcc rules the second time, and is now facing him in a no time limit match again. that's 3 matches, all under rules that favor ryan. and the context of the "challenge" was pena mocking ryan for claiming he's going to be the greatest of all time in nogi, gi, and then mma... then later pretending he never said any of that.

but fuck it, i don't want to get dragged into a discussion about BJJ drama. i think gordon ryan is an obnoxious prick, i think he behaves and argues like an arrogant adolescent boy, so i'm clearly pretty biased when it comes to anything related to him. i do think he'll win this, though.
Gordon gave him 10 to 1 odds for this match. Felipe should be embarrassed that Gordon had to put up 100k to Penas 10k to convince him to agree to the match. Now Gordon is saying I bet you wont return me the favor in a gi match eventhough YOU are the gi guy. Obviously Felipe doesn't have that much money which is part of what Gordon is making fun of, but he is also showing that Pena doesn't have any intentions at all of putting up more than Gordon for a gi match.

Last edited:
It's Gordona standard tactics to ask for ridiculous conditions when he was to dodge some match. He bitched out from fighting Caio Terra in the gi too.

Gordon gave him 10 to 1 odds for this match. Felipe should be embarrassed that Gordon had to put up 100k to Penas 10k to convince him to agree to the match. Now Gordon is saying I bet you wont return me the favor in a gi match eventhough YOU are the gi guy. Obviously Felipe doesn't have that much money which is part of what Gordon is making fun of, but he is also showing that Pena doesn't have any intentions at all of putting up more than Gordon for a gi match.
they have a 10 to 1 bet going for this match, with ryan putting up 100k? i did not know that.

To be fair, pena called him to an mma fight, and Gordon kept his mouth shut.

I had no idea it was happening again. Stylistically, I have more in common with Ryan, as leglocks are my thing and I love the butterfly but I'm definitely rooting for Pena.
Well Ryan is far from a leg locker now, Cant even remember the last time he went for a leglock. If anything he has turned in modern day Roger Gracie

I think Gordon will pass to mount and wear out Pena. He’s been doing that a lot lately and TBH is pretty good strategy against someone like Peña.

I'm not sure how you can see it like that considering that's illogical. (edit nvm just read your next post)

Gordon Ryan is putting up 10:1 cash odds for this match. He does not compete in the gi at all. It's goofy to even talk about the gi really but I don't see how it's a spin or anything, it's just "fair". You can't say ridiculous odds when Pena is literally getting these odds right now for something he's significant to infinitely more familiar with than gi for Gordon Ryan.

But judging from this entire thread most people just hate Ryan here for some reason, little WWF/WWE complex people fall into. Pena did not "win" that presser either, neither looked great but Pena dodged some facts/claims multiple times and then challenged to gi.

Challenging to gi is a massive pussy move to begin with here, a cope. Shows weakness imo. As again, Gordon Ryan is exclusively no gi.

Back