• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law GOP rep wants veteran benefits for Americans serving for Israel

Two GOP reps want to pass a bill giving veteran benefits for Americans who serve in the Israeli defense force.

How do you feel about that?
The house is always goofy imo. How can you do that and not do the same for any country where americans choose to go fight? Dont see singling out Israel for this...

The house is always goofy imo.

Always.

People get a little too excited over the stupid shit they do (on a daily basis), bills that get introduced, or even passed through that chamber as if they've automatically become law.

No.

While we are on the topic, I think there should only be veterans benefits where there is an actual U.S. declaration of War with all of the votes and public debate that requires. No, “police actions” “coalition forces” or “military operations” should not produce veterans. These are not constitutionally authorized, I don’t want to take away anybody’s existing benefits but going forward either we are at war, or we ain’t. If we are asking these guys (and sometimes ladies) to risk their lives, we owe it to them to Declare war.

No.

While we are on the topic, I think there should only be veterans benefits where there is an actual U.S. declaration of War with all of the votes and public debate that requires. No, “police actions” “coalition forces” or “military operations” should not produce veterans. These are not constitutionally authorized, I don’t want to take away anybody’s existing benefits but going forward either we are at war, or we ain’t. If we are asking these guys (and sometimes ladies) to risk their lives, we owe it to them to Declare war.

The Korean War was classified as a police action. When the soldiers came home, our own government who sent them to fight, spit in their faces, and denied them benefits. They had to fight years for the benefits they were entitled too.

And you want to do the same thing to future soldiers.
Go fuck yourself.

Last edited:
What if they are fighting* against America? Do they still get benefits?

* Purely hypothetical, please don't imprison me for anti-semitism

Criticizing a Government isnt "anti-semitic." Never has been, never will be.

No.

Wat? That's not how it works. If you serve you are a veteran, you are eligible for veteran benefits. Period. No war needs to be declared. A war vet is the same as a vet who served during peacetime.

Wat? That's not how it works. If you serve you are a veteran, you are eligible for veteran benefits. Period. No war needs to be declared. A war vet is the same as a vet who served during peacetime.
My bad. I stand corrected. I though we were talking about benefits applying to those who served during times of combat.

Back