Goonies Sequel(Rumored to be Happening)

DaleBoca

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

Hollywood classic The Goonies 'given the green light for a sequel 40 YEARS after the original - with its star-studded cast set to return'​

1725867590936.jpeg

My knee jerk reaction was

vJBxIi.gif

Then I saw that the og cast will be in it.

<{Joewithit}>

Damn I never knew the guy who played Sloth died right after from an opioid overdose.

This will be awful and I don't think anyone under 40 will give a shit to watch it.

Will be hilarious to see how awful Corey Feldman will be in it though.

I hope they don’t fuck it up , I hope they can pull it off but I have some serious reservations

Almost all these reboots end up incredibly sucking, minus Fury Road, which was awesome, but that also had it's the director from the original movies doing it. This will almost assuredly be shit, probably the movie equivalent of a Corey Feldman guitar solo:

I'll pass, and I am a huge fan of the original. Because of it, I went to the house, beach, and other places in Astoria, Oregon to see it myself. There are things you should just let go of. We have already experienced the greatness, and the story has been told. Let sleeping dogs lie.

It would be cool if movie makers had any original thought... The industry is so bloated they are reluctant to take risks as investors need a return...

I'd rather they do a horrible remake than bring back the original cast to make a terrible cash grab.

There is a narrow chance they make something good though. If Planet of the Apes, Mad Max, and Top Gun can be resurrected decades later then anything is possible.

Still, I'd prefer something original. Having Rebel Ridge and The Boy and the Heron hit streaming this weekend was a pleasant reminder that there are still people making great original films.

Hopefully they let Corey Feldman be in the soundtrack

Back