Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
mjohnson.jpg

Worst. Decisions. Ever:

- Choosing the fish over the steak

-

Last edited:
Wish that happened when I bet big on Shogun!

Yes it was close not robbery. Blah blah give me money.

he def wasn't in control in the 3rd. thats what he gets for being a point fighter.

Damn meaning if you bet on either of em you won? I should start betting over there for now on.

that's ridiculous lol.

where do they draw the line though?

jones losing to hamill and silva losing to prater are way worse beats.

Yeah Sportsbet have a habit of doing that. They've paid out on Rugby League games that were ruined by incompetent refereeing as well as boxing events with shitty judging.

And yeah they are paying out on;

Beneil via dec
Beneil to win by any means
Johnson via dec
Johnson via KO
Johnson via sub
Johnson to win via any means

And any of those bets inside a multi.

Only losing bets are Beneil inside the distance.

that's ridiculous lol.

where do they draw the line though?

jones losing to hamill and silva losing to prater are way worse beats.

Jones losing to Hamill was maybe NC at best.
Either way he did not win so not sure how the payouts work under those circumstances.

That is better than any ad they could buy. I'm going to give them a whirl (currently with 5d, and no issues with them either btw, but this is some above and beyond type shit.)

Thanks for sharing this info PY.

Unheard of in the gambling world

It is a noble thing to do but they really screw themselves because it isn't as if they can not pay people who bet on Daruish

Pretty neat of them to do that.

Pity I had OSP in my multi too, though.

Damn meaning if you bet on either of em you won? I should start betting over there for now on.

thats exactly the thought process they want to you go through :D

but still, mad props to them for doin that. smart, justified, good way to generate publicity, good way to establish faith from players, and good way to attract new players. and in reality, probably didnt cost them a shit ton of money.

not sure if it was sportsbet, but i do remember this happening at least one other time. might have been the sanchez fight.

It is a noble thing to do but they really screw themselves because it isn't as if they can not pay people who bet on Daruish

It's just a one off thing that they do sometimes with rugby and AFL. I'm sure there wouldnt have been a heap of money on the fight and they worked out it'd be good publicity to pay out for Johnson and get people talking about MMA betting on the site.

It's worth the publicity, like someone said they have done it on NRL games.

One time the buzzer went and the game should of ended but refs didn't call it, team ended up scoring and won so Sportsbet decided to pay out on both teams to win.

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/content/page/why-bet-with-us-justice-payouts/

That's a few of them but they don't do it on a regular basis, still good of them to do it

Back